Number of notifications CSS

2 months 3 weeks ago #336986 by Ppetrik
Number of notifications CSS was created by Ppetrik
Would it be possible to wrap the number of notifications with some html element?  (CB Activity module)
See attached

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #336987 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Number of notifications CSS
All Joomla modules can support a surrounding CSS class. That functionality is just built into Joomla modules. Edit your module then under Advanced add whatever CSS classes you like to "Module Class". Then you can supply whatever custom CSS you like to CBs template overrides functionality below to have your custom CSS output automatically handled.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #336990 by Ppetrik
Replied by Ppetrik on topic Number of notifications CSS
I meant it like this,
Before:

<a href="#" class="d-none d-sm-inline-block p-2 text-plain text-primary streamModal" ..... classes="streamModalContainer notificationsModalContainer"> <span class="fa fa-lg fa-globe"></span>
</a>
After:

<a href="#" class="d-none d-sm-inline-block p-2 text-plain text-primary streamModal" ..... classes="streamModalContainer notificationsModalContainer">
<span class="fa fa-lg fa-globe"></span>
<span class="notifycount">3</span>
</a>
Is it possible to overwrite it somewhere without losing it after the update?
Thank you.

2 months 3 weeks ago #337005 by krileon
Ah, I see. Will implement that for next build release so it's easier to target styling the count specifically.

Is it possible to overwrite it somewhere without losing it after the update?

It's possible to override templates, yes. You however will be responsible for maintaining any overrides as differences may arise in future releases. To do this create a new folder in the following location.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates

The folder name will be your new template. So for example the following.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/custom

Next copy over whatever template file you're wanting to override. In this case it's the following.

/notifications/button.php

So now you should have the following.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/custom/notifications/button.php

Finally within CB Activity > Parameters > General set Template to "custom". Now you can edit button.php however you like and it will be applied to all notification buttons.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 3 weeks ago #337024 by krileon
Latest CB Activity build release now includes classes for the notification button icon and count.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 months 3 weeks ago #337032 by Ppetrik
Replied by Ppetrik on topic Number of notifications CSS
Thank you. Great support!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn