Showing user field data in Joomla articles?

2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #337037 by wintercorn
I'm creating a membership certificate and can pull out sub start/end dates but nothing else. I've tried variations of CB Substitutions to no avail.
There must be a way to do this but I'm hitting a wall here.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

EDIT : Sorted it using CB Content Module and Substitutions

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #337041 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Showing user field data in Joomla articles?
What else are you trying to substitute into the article? You'll need CB Content Bot for regular field substitutions in articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 3 weeks ago #337043 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Showing user field data in Joomla articles?
I'm just trying to reinvent the wheel as always. I think it's sorted now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 months 3 weeks ago #337049 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Showing user field data in Joomla articles?
Just in case anyone else is searching for this I'll summarise what I did below.

1. Create a CB Content module for each field I want to place in an article. I have NAME, STATUS, SUB NAME, TO/FROM DATES
2. Assign it to a unique position like 'certificatedataname'
3. In that module place the CB code like [cb:userdata field="formatname" /]
4. Replicate for each item of data you require.
5. Ensure that there's no div or para formatting in the module content. We can style later.
6. Use loadposition to load each module in the artlcle.

For the SUB NAME I've used the following CB code:

[cbsubs:if plan="9" and status="A"]AFFILIATE MEMBER[/cbsubs:if] [cbsubs:if plan="11" and status="A"]GRADUATE/ENTRY LEVEL[/cbsubs:if] [cbsubs:if plan="2" and status="A"]ASSOCIATE MEMBER[/cbsubs:if] [cbsubs:if plan="1" and status="A"]FULL MEMBER[/cbsubs:if] [cbsubs:if plan="3" and status="A"]CORPORATE MEMBER[/cbsubs:if] [cbsubs:if plan="4" and status="A"]ADMINISTRATOR[/cbsubs:if]

Obviously change plan id and name text for your requirements.

The article then looks like this:

{loadposition certificatedataname}
{loadposition certificatedatastatus}
{loadposition certificatedatasubname}
{loadposition certificatedatavaliddates}

Styling to follow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn