Conclict between CB subs and DocMan

2 months 2 weeks ago #337081 by rbuelund
Conclict between CB subs and DocMan was created by rbuelund
I encountered an error on a website when trying to download a document through the DocMan extension. I reported the error to DocMan support and they have given this response:

Thank you for granting us access. So, the problem here is a clash between CB subs and DOCman => drops.arunasmazeika.com/Screen-Shot-2024-02-08-10-54-08.58.png . CB subs is attempting to forward/handle an event of ours but it's being a tad too restrictive while doing so, since it's assuming that the parameters argument is and should always be an array.

Normally plugins or code that acts upon an event should always be context aware, meaning that they should not be assuming specific types or anything of that sort for handling the event. They could and always should assume types depending on the context that's passed within the event in question. In our case the context clearly states that this is a DOCman specific event and thus the parameters argument should be handled as such (a menu item parameter object decorated by our own).

I think you'll need to bring this up to the CB devs and ask them their advice about this issue.

Can you please look into this problem ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337091 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conclict between CB subs and DocMan
$params is being reset. So that looks like a bug. Have created a bug ticket to fix.

Joomla 3, Joomla 4, and Joomla 5 all handle that event differently. It's a bit of a headache to say the least trying to support all 3 versions.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9353

Will try to have a fix out sometime today or tomorrow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337098 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conclict between CB subs and DocMan
This should now be fixed in latest CBSubs build release. The context check is also now much sooner on Joomla 4 and 5.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn