onBeforeUserProfileDisplay

2 months 2 weeks ago #337138 by Ppetrik
onBeforeUserProfileDisplay was created by Ppetrik
Hello,
I am unable to automate the name change in the profile url. Can you give me exact instructions?
I'm not sure that "onBeforeUserProfileDisplay" is the right way.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337140 by Ppetrik
Replied by Ppetrik on topic onBeforeUserProfileDisplay
BTW, if a user wants to send a Private Message to another user, they see the Username again. It's confusing because in the profile the user only sees the name.
How to display a name in a private message instead of usrername?

2 months 2 weeks ago #337151 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic onBeforeUserProfileDisplay

I am unable to automate the name change in the profile url. Can you give me exact instructions?
I'm not sure that "onBeforeUserProfileDisplay" is the right way.

It needs to be done at time of registration and/or profile update. You have to set the alias field using a Field action. Below is an example of setting it at time of registration.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/professional-members-support/246341-default-value-for-field-alias-your-profile-url#336060

BTW, if a user wants to send a Private Message to another user, they see the Username again. It's confusing because in the profile the user only sees the name.

Name isn't unique so it can't be used as a means of identification anywhere in Joomla or CB. It can only be used for display purposes only.

You're going to have a difficult time stripping username display out. It's not generally considered private when it comes to Joomla or CB.

The best way to have a higher security situation is to not use username for login at all. Use email address instead. Then rename the Username field to Display Name. Now their login isn't tied to username anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #337156 by Ppetrik
Can I use other login methods via Authentication plugins when setting "Login Method > Email"? I mean exclusively CB Connect.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337159 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic onBeforeUserProfileDisplay
Yes, CB Connect will work fine with Login Method set to Email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337161 by Ppetrik
Let me ask you one more question. In the profile, in the activity, etc... on the whole site it shows "Name". So how do I change everything globally to "Username" (Display Name)?

Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn