API

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #337167 by AlanJones
API was created by AlanJones
I'm working with a developer to build a very specific community. Is there a CB API, or do we need to rely on the Joomla API?
I'm thinking about integrating all CB profile info (including encrypted password) as well as GJ and Activity, etc.

I see (searching the posts) that there is a CB API, where would I find documentation on it?

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337173 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic API
A CB API to do what? Of course we've API as CB wouldn't function without it. Do you mean public facing RESTful API or GraphQL API? No, we've neither. You can build a RESTful API using CB Auto Actions though, but you'll need to be more specific for me to provide an auto action example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337174 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic API
Sorry. I'm asking through a 3rd party - this is not my area of expertise.
We're looking for REST API in order to build a separate App in the future.
We will want pretty much the whole user profile integrated, All fields.
I'm not sure yet about GJ Groups, but possibly them also.
I was asked this: "If you can figure out and create an example of how login can be done via POST request, and data retrieval via GET request, that would be helpful." 

Own Your Own Community!

2 months 2 weeks ago #337177 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic API
It's possible to login a user and respond with their profile data using a POST, yes. The below is an example of that.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/developer-members-support/245843-default-password-and-redirect#333857

So yes it's doable, but you're going to need to provide specifics. What is this for? A mobile app? From JavaScript or from server side? There's a lot that needs to be answered. If the API calls are never exposed to a client it's easy enough to just use a secret token and support supplying a user id to retrieve profile data or really any data you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds