SOLVED: After J4 en PHP 8.2, all old GroupJive URL's opens inside the home-page

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #337169 by NFA
Hi,

In Joomla 3 GroupJive URL's like: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=show&cat=1&grp=221 worked fine. It showed the page of the GJ Group.

After updated to Joomla 4 (PHP 8.2) these URL's don't show the GJ group up on an own page, but it is displayed in the content main area of the homepage. With all other homepage modules displayed around it.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that Joomla 4 no longer inserting the Itemid, or some other J4 change.

The problem is that we have hundreds of URL aliases pointing to URL's like the format above. Cached in Google, Facebook etc. we get a lot of hits on these kinds of URL's. Is there a way to make these kinds of GroupJive URL's working like they did. Showing only the GroupJive page of that group?

Can somebody please help us to fix this?

With kind regards,
Noa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337176 by krileon
URLs without an Itemid will assume homepage module assignments. I believe in Joomla 3 they were just treated as a non-existent menu item. Since that has changed you need to be sure you include an Itemid. Technically you were never supposed to be using URLs without an Itemid even in Joomla 3.

URLs generated internally within CB will always fallback to adding the profile menu item id as Itemid to a URL, but if you're copy-pasting URLs around manually and not including an Itemid in them then there's nothing that can be done besides maybe making your own URL rewrite rules in htaccess and force an Itemid onto the URL. If this is a problem with URLs generated on CB pages ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. You can also create plugin specific menu items using Community Builder > Plugin menu type.

This isn't really a CB issue, but just a behavior change in Joomla unfortunately.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337179 by NFA
Hi Kyle,

I think you are completely right. In the past 15+ years, we took these kinds of URL's from our browser and created nice SEF sh404sef aliases for them. Never knowing that we were doing something wrong.

Is there a way to get a general Itemid for all these kinds of URL's? Adding an extra Itemid parameter to those URL's from a published menu item "Plugin -GroupJive - Group", see attachment doesn't seem to fix it.

If we know what &Itemid=??? we have to add to all those index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=show&cat=?&grp=??? URL's we can search for a .htaccess or SQL way to fix this.

Many thanks in advance, Noa 

Attachments:

2 months 1 week ago #337182 by krileon

Is there a way to get a general Itemid for all these kinds of URL's?

The general fallback menu item that core CB uses is public and published menu item to CBs profile page. So I suppose you could just use that as well in your rewrite rules.

Adding an extra Itemid parameter to those URL's from a published menu item "Plugin -GroupJive - Group", see attachment doesn't seem to fix it.

Creating menu items after the fact isn't really going to help you. Those URLs are already out and in the open. You'll have to fix them using URL rewrite rules or redirects.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #337194 by NFA
FYI. I have solved this issue pretty easy with a little code in my 4SEF extension (weeblr.com/doc/products.forsef/current/api/), which add the Itemid to all in the past created SEF GroupJive URL's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn