MFA Issue

1 month 4 weeks ago #337413 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic MFA Issue
I don't think there's anything more I can do without investigating your install. You'll need to PM backend super user login credentials and provide steps to reproduce your issue. I'm not having any problems with privacy consent or MFA in my local testing environments.

Clicking Logout by the User in the Logged In Users logs the user out of the Admin module.

You probably have shared session if frontend logout is logging you out of backend. That's configured in Joomla's global configuration.

Clicking the Login link on the front-end displays the username and a button to "Logout?"

That's just taking you to the login page so that's working as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago #337417 by trlbldr
Replied by trlbldr on topic MFA Issue

You probably have shared session if frontend logout is logging you out of backend. That's configured in Joomla's global configuration.

No, Global Configuration is set to deny shared sessions.

That's just taking you to the login page so that's working as expected.

My mistake. I meant to voice my consternation and confusion over why the Logout link (restricted to Registered user access) did not work and also my frustration over the fact that logging the user out from the Admin backend is not reflected in the public front end.
I am also confused as to why the Login does not auto-redirect to the user Profile and that the front-end link to "Your Profile" (restricted to Registered user access and linked to CB Profile module) acts as a dead link (404 Error).
Thanks, Kyle. I'll setup Admin login access for you - I need a valid email address for you to do that.
Don White

Don White

1 month 4 weeks ago #337420 by krileon

I meant to voice my consternation and confusion over why the Logout link (restricted to Registered user access) did not work

It does seam strange logouts are not working. That menu item certainly should log them out and typically redirect to homepage.

and also my frustration over the fact that logging the user out from the Admin backend is not reflected in the public front end.

I'm not sure what to do about that. That's Joomla's admin module and we've no control over it. Wonder if something is blocking logouts in general. Maybe 3rd party Joomla User or System plugin as either could interrupt the logout process.

I am also confused as to why the Login does not auto-redirect to the user Profile and that the front-end link to "Your Profile" (restricted to Registered user access and linked to CB Profile module) acts as a dead link (404 Error).

That might just be a problem with the login redirect URL. Do you have a login redirect URL specific in your CB login module? If so please provide what it's set to. Normally it should be non-SEO beginning within index.php. So for example to redirect to CBs profile page you'd use the below.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler

If you want this to use a specific menu item don't forget to add &Itemid to it. Example as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=MENU_ID_HERE

Thanks, Kyle. I'll setup Admin login access for you - I need a valid email address for you to do that.

Use a dummy email address (e.g. testing@cb.invalid). I'll change the email address temporarily if needed for testing emails.

What issues exactly are you wanting me to investigate here? This topic originally was for MFA, but turned into privacy consent, and now logout issues. Please understand I'm not general Joomla support. This is specifically to investigate a potential bug in CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 4 weeks ago #337422 by trlbldr
Thanks, Kile, but AdminTools requires a valid email address so that the address can be verified.

Don White

1 month 4 weeks ago #337423 by krileon
You can use an alias email address of your own. Example as follows.
dan+testing@domain.com

I don't like people using my email address for accounts as I've had far more than I can count just leave the account on the site instead of removing it. Then I'm forced to spam block the domain, which hurts the domains email reliability. I will change it as needed for testing purposes. So just use whatever you need to use to get the account created.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 month 4 weeks ago #337424 by trlbldr
Even if I create an alias, with which I have no problem, that alias has to redirect to a valid email address. One that delivers traffic to you. Whether I build this using AdminTools, CB, or the Joomla User manager, the need for a valid, confirmable email address is standard.
I went to AdminTools because it allows me to setup automatic deletion of the temp account. I promise you will not receive, ever, any spam or malware from me.

Don White

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds