SOLDED: Set GJ "Group Logo Default" to creator's avatar at new group creation.

2 months 3 days ago #337316 by NFA
Hi,

Many GroupJive group creators do not choose an individual logo for their group. As a result, all these groups have the same logo image (Group Logo Default). Groups with all the same logos are very unattractive.

Is there a way, using a CB AutoAction or something similar, to make the group logo appear by default on the creator's profile avatar when a new group is created? After which, it should still be possible for the group creator to choose a different group logo?

If they continue to use this default group logo, it should not be broken if they replace their profile avatar at some point in the future. The default group logo of such a group must then remain the image of the creator's avatar at the time the group was created.

Any idea how we can make this happen? If this is not possible, another way would be to require a logo upload when creating a group. Although I don't know how to enforce that in GroupJive either.

With kind regards, Noa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 days ago - 2 months 2 days ago #337323 by krileon
There's no functionality to require a group logo, but you can optionally just have no default logo. Within CB GroupJive > Images > Defaults you can configure the defaults to "No image".

As for replacing the default with users avatar there's no functionality for that. There's no trigger available to do that either. Added a feature ticket to implement support for default of owner avatar. If simple enough to implement will try and have this available sometime today.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9370

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 2 days ago #337324 by krileon
Ok, implemented support for a group logo default of "Owner Profile Image (avatar)". This only works with image based avatars. Initial based avatars will be ignored. If no avatar is available it will fallback to default logo.png. This is now available in latest CB GroupJive build release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NFA

2 months 2 days ago - 2 months 1 day ago #337326 by NFA
Wow krileon , that is (again) really fast and nice!!! Thank you x 1000 !!!

We forced people to upload an avatar picture during profile creation, so they will always have an image based avatar before they are able to create a group.

I will start testing your new build release now and let you know, a.s.a.p. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #337400 by NFA
Oops, I am getting after installing this new CB-GJ build an Error 500 crash after new group creation (with or without uploading a logo).

The error is triggerd by a CB Auto Action - code - PHP

trigger: gj_onAfterCreateGroup

code:
$group = $variables['var1'];
$group->params()->set( 'about_content', "followed with a lot of HTML with multiple embedded CB substitutions....";
$group->set( 'params',$group->params()->asJson() );
$group->store();

It's an Auto Action I am using for many years without change and errors.

Any idea why it now generates an Error 500 server crash after installing your latest build with the group logo fix? Do your last build do something with those group $variables, that make my Auto Action crashing the website?

Any idea how to fix this?

1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #337402 by krileon
If you're using that exact code then it's filled with errors. You're trying to use broken PHP, but maybe that was just a copy and paste error?

I don't see how the GJ logo changes would cause any 500 errors. All it does is replace the logo URL with that of profile image URL. The change did nothing more than that. The GJ logo change was of course tested and worked fine in those tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn