Mailer putting extra line spacing in emails

1 month 4 weeks ago #337396 by petekuhn
Using CB 2.9.1+, CBSubs 4.7.0+, Joomla 4.4.3
The mailer is inserting extra line spacing in emails. The editor HTML is OK, as is the emailbody in #__cbsubs_mailer_automessages, but the delivered email has additional line spacing on every paragraph break.

Here's an example snippet  (HTML in editor an emailbody in database)

<p>Dear [NAME]:</p>
<p>In six weeks, your CSC Windsurf Locker will expire (on [SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE])!</p>

This is the snippet in the delivered email HTML

<div>
<p></p><p>Dear XXXXXXX:</p><br><p>In six weeks, your CSC Windsurf Locker will expire (on 04/06/2024)!</p>

Note the <br> between </p> and <p>. This happens for every paragraph. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago #337410 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mailer putting extra line spacing in emails
It's the legacy line break conversion kicking in. It converts non-HTML line breaks into HTML. Will add the flag to CBSubs for CBSubs mailer emails to bypass it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9380

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: petekuhn

1 month 4 weeks ago #337426 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mailer putting extra line spacing in emails
This is now fixed in latest CBSubs build release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn