Latest Activity module posts take too long to load

2 weeks 6 days ago #337762 by gboy
Once logged into my site I am redirected to the Members page.
I have an assortment of CB modules that display there.
All seem to load properly on the page except the Latest Activity module which takes up to a minute or more to load the posted content.
Refreshing the page doesn't speed up the process.
I don't see any errors jscript etc.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 weeks 6 days ago #337765 by krileon
What stream is your module trying to load? This should just be a parameter in your CB Activity module. You should then be able to edit that stream in CB Activity > Streams > Activity. My guess is the default filter asset is set incorrectly and it's trying to load too much or something too specific that doesn't exist causing it to table scan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 weeks 5 days ago #337775 by gboy
I will have to look into the documentation, it's been a long time since I have worked on the CB portion of the site.
Migrating to J5 has caused some problems but most all seem to be working well.
Until now I was testing/configuring and customizing CB.
I will be going live with the updated site in the next few weeks which will include membership (CB)

The module was working fine before migrating to J5.
The module is trying to load an activity stream

2 weeks 5 days ago #337780 by krileon
Based off your screenshot it seams like it's trying to display activity, but it can't find any. It'll attempt to fill out a page by looping the query, but it'll take a really long time like that if there's nothing it can display. This happens with server side aggregation.

I can take a look if you PM backend super user login credentials as it could be a couple of settings causing it to get stuck like that. Will also add a feature ticket for it to give up sooner if it can't find anything.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9407

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 weeks 4 days ago #337786 by gboy
Hi Krileon,
it seems that i had created a new Activity stream based on the one that came with CB.
I de-selected the one I created and chose the default activity stream in the module and it seems  that everything is running properly again.
I will have to see what went wrong with the stream I created as it was working fine at one point.

Thank you for your help

G

2 weeks 2 days ago #337794 by krileon
Review the Filters tab and compare the 2 streams to see what might be different since the Filters tab determines what gets loaded by the stream. If the default asset filter is empty it will use Asset under the Stream tab. If you provide screenshots of those 2 tabs for your stream that isn't working I might be able to spot what could be going wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn