Usage of "friendly Captcha" on CB Registration and Forgot password

1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #337941 by kommid
We want to use "friendly captcha", because we cannot use re-captcha on our sites. Is there a (simple) way to implement this into the registration and forgot password forms of community builder?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 week 3 days ago #337950 by krileon
CB AntiSpam includes support for all versions of reCaptcha and multiple internal captcha modes. There is no support for "friendly captcha". I recommend using one of the internal captcha modes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 days 12 hours ago #337980 by kommid
I'm from Germany. We have quite strict rules when it comes to data protection and our lawyer strongly recommended to not use re-captcha or any other non-european service for spam prevention. Bots bypass the image captcha and our customer does not want the questions. So CB Antispam is useless for me.
Is there a way to replace the community builder registration form with a different form? We use RSForm as form generator which includes a hashcash field for spam prevention, which seems to work quite well and I'd use this

5 days 5 hours ago - 5 days 5 hours ago #337981 by krileon
CB AntiSpam captcha is completely customizable. Adjust its settings as needed away from the defaults to improve your chances of beating bots. Be sure you also have the honeypot field enabled and consider renaming it. It is not possible to replace CBs registration unless your 3rd party extension uses CB API to create CB users. Additional captcha modes are planned for a future CB AntiSpam release.

HashCash is just rate limiting. That's built into CB AntiSpam as well. So for example if someone fails captcha 5 times temporarily block them. This can be configured within CB AntiSpam parameters. You can also prevent duplicate registrations from same ip address, which should help if a single bot is spamming accounts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 days 12 hours ago #337997 by kommid
OK, so it is possible to create own registration forms when I use the API? Where can I find a comprehensive documentation of the CB api?

4 days 3 hours ago #338001 by krileon
That is going to be a difficult task and I really don't recommend doing that, but the API can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18362-registering-a-user-through-cb-api

The simpler solution would be worst case to make a custom CB plugin and implement whatever captcha you want or use one of the internal captcha modes while waiting for new captcha modes to be implement as well as using the other anti-spam features in CB AntiSpam.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn