Communication Errors with PayPal

2 weeks 2 days ago #337991 by petekuhn
Communication Errors with PayPal was created by petekuhn
We have seen these occasionally in the past, but they are becoming more frequent. The majority of transactions have no problems.
 In the PDT Payment Gateway notification, $_GET shows result = success, st = completed, ; $_POST shows status = 400, error = Bad Request

What can we do to figure out the problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 weeks 2 days ago #337994 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Communication Errors with PayPal
Have you reviewed the raw data in the notification? It should be at the bottom. If PayPal sent back an error it would be there. Please also check CBSubs > History Log to see if any errors were logged.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 weeks 2 days ago #337996 by petekuhn
Replied by petekuhn on topic Communication Errors with PayPal
Yes, the above is an extract of it, which I don't know how to interpret. The fields in $_GET seem to indicate success, but those in $_POST show a 400 error.

History log shows this

Event type
Error log
Event time
04/28/2024 10:35:22
Paypal: Error at notification received: could not reach Paypal gateway for notification check at https://www.paypal.com. COMMUNICATION ERROR

Call trace:
called in class cbpaidHistory::logError() on line 571 in file cbpaidPayHandler.php
called in class cbpaidPayHandler::_setLogErrorMSG() on line 1561 in file cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php
called in class cbpaidpaypal::handlePaypalPDT() on line 339 in file cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php
called in class cbpaidpaypal::handleReturn() on line 136 in file cbpaidHostedPagePayHandler.php
called in class cbpaidHostedPagePayHandler::resultNotification() on line 743 in file cbpaidControllerCBTab.php
called in class cbpaidControllerCBTab::getTabComponent() on line 1155 in file cbpaidsubscriptions.php
called in class getcbpaidsubscriptionsTab::getTabComponent() on line 92 in file cbpaidControllerCBComponent.php
called in class CBplug_cbpaidsubscriptions::getCBpluginComponent() on line 880 in file cbPluginHandler.php
called in class cbPluginHandler::call() on line 1611 in file cbTabs.php
called in class cbTabs::_callTabPlugin() on line 1725 in file cbTabs.php
called in class cbTabs::tabClassPluginTabs() on line 731 in file comprofiler.php
called in function tabClass() on line 284 in file comprofiler.php

2 weeks 1 day ago #338000 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Communication Errors with PayPal
That error means the HTTP call to PayPal's server itself failed. Either PayPal rejected it, the outbound request was blocked by your server, or PayPal server was potentially down momentarily. There unfortunately isn't anything we can do about this. If you've a firewall configured on your server be sure it has open ports for PayPal and doesn't block PayPal IP Addresses.

The best I can suggest when this happens is to manually mark the basket paid in CBSubs > Baskets after you've verified the payment went through fine. This assumes the IPN didn't come through and pay the basket though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.552 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn