Add usergroup does not work as expected

7 years 7 months ago #285672 by rcc
Hello,
I have an auto action, type usergroup, with the trigger: users. I execute this auto action manually from the 'internal users URL'.
The action is 'Add usergroups'. I want that the action adds the group I have selected to the other groups that the users have, but the action replace the old usergroups to the new one. How can I solve issue?
Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #285709 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add usergroup does not work as expected
Please provide a screenshot of your Global and Action parameters for your action. Below works fine in my tests.

Global
Triggers: onAfterLogin
Type: Usergroups
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Mode: Add Usergroups
Groups: Test Group

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

7 years 7 months ago #285719 by rcc
Replied by rcc on topic Add usergroup does not work as expected
Hello Kyle and thanks for your answer.
I tried an action with your options and this works for me, too. But I need the trigger 'users' to be able to execute the action for all users when I decide. I have attached the screenshots related. Thanks
Attachments:

7 years 7 months ago #285762 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add usergroup does not work as expected
Should be working fine then in that case. Do you have any other actions acting on the same trigger? Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then leave debug in your action enabled. Next run the internal users url without &format=raw and see if any errors or debug messages output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn