[SOLVED] Show only cross connections in activity feed

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #287611 by softforge
I have configured connections to be auto accepted and to create mutual connections. I then disabled the Profile - Add Connection and enabled the Profile - Add Cross Connection system actions. This now shows both connections on the activity feed so 'User A is now connected with @User B' and 'User B is now connected with @User A'. This is great but I would like to configure the feed to only show the cross connection so if I am User A, it would only show 'User B is now connected with @User A' activity.

The Profile - Add Cross Connection is the only action that is enabled so I guess it is being called twice, once for initial connection and secondly for the auto mutual connection. So I saved a copy of the Profile - Add Cross Connection action and tried to add another condition to stop it running on the initial connection. I assumed it would be something like [var2] Not Equal To [user_id] but this stops it running at all. [var1] Not Equal To [user_id] does have an effect but only shows the initial connection so has the same effect as the Profile - Add Connection action.

How can I configure this action to only record the cross connection and ignore the initial connection?

Many thanks :)

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #287624 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show only cross connections in activity feed
Disable "Profile - Add Connection", "Profile - Accept Connection", and "Profile - Accept Cross Connection" then only enable "Profile - Add Cross Connection". Should only log 1 activity entry when a connection is made. Note this isn't going to touch existing already logged activity and you'll need to delete those entries manually in CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287744 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Show only cross connections in activity feed
Thanks for you response. This is how I assumed it worked and my settings look like this:

But when I add a new connection, I still see the connections in both directions:

I was logged in as Simon Pigott - Financial Advisor and I would expect to only see the 2nd entry shown in the activity. Have I done something wrong? Is this setup working correctly for you?

Many thanks

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

7 years 5 months ago #287754 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show only cross connections in activity feed
There's 2 activity entries logged by that action. Save a copy of it and remove the second one.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287756 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Show only cross connections in activity feed
Perfect, that works great. Thanks very much! :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn