CB Activity plugin question

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #291445 by macfisto74
CB Activity plugin question was created by macfisto74
Hi,

Is it possible to set up the CB Activity plugin so there can be a personal timeline feed like in facebook where the user and friends can post comments, links, photos, videos, etc on this wall and they will show exclusively in this feed. Then separately a main feed (like the "Home" in faebook, which shows what you post on your wall as well as what other friends are posting on theirs? This would be helpful to have such a distinction.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291477 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity plugin question
That's how the profile tab already behaves. As for Joomla menu item that's also how the "My Activity" menu usage displays. When you are viewing your own activity tab you'll see your activity, your connections activity, and activity posted directly on your wall (this is also what My Activity page displays). When others view your activity tab they will see your activity and activity directly posted on your wall.

CB Activity 4.0.0 is implementing an Assets usage like CB Gallery as well so you'll be able to have as many activity streams as you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291482 by macfisto74
Replied by macfisto74 on topic CB Activity plugin question
So when will CB Activity 4.0.0 be available? This could work. But is there any way of incorporating the CB Wall so it will show up on feeds? And perhaps to allow users to post pictures, videos, and links in the CB wall function? Thinking this could be another option as well.

Thanks!

7 years 2 months ago #291484 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity plugin question

So when will CB Activity 4.0.0 be available?

When it's done, sorry we don't provide release dates here. You can monitor progress on our forge below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-activity/issues

But is there any way of incorporating the CB Wall so it will show up on feeds?

CB Wall? I'm not sure what you're referring to, sorry. Current CB Activity provides the Activity tab which displays your activity, your connections activity, and the activity directly posted on your wall. There's also a My Activity page that displays the same. There's a Recent Activity page that shows everyone's activity. If you need an activity stream with a specific asset and to be unique to that asset you can't do that yet as that functionality is only in CB Activity 4.0.0, which is still being worked on.

And perhaps to allow users to post pictures, videos, and links in the CB wall function?

There is no functionality for this directly on the wall yet and won't be in CB Activity 4.0.0 as it's functionality CB Gallery is to provide. Uploading through CB Gallery should generate activity though if you've CB Auto Actions installed and the respective System Action enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn