[SOLVED] Auto Action Trigger List?

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295553 by craschnburn
[SOLVED] Auto Action Trigger List? was created by craschnburn
Hello.
I've been playing around with the Auto Actions.

I'd like some recommendations on how I should set up a specific Auto Action.

I have a cbsubs plan which is an upgrade. It's ability to upgrade is dependent upon a checkbox which condition is setup if the checkbox=1, then allow the plan upgrade. Kyle helped me achieve that in this thread:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/236722-solved-membership-upgrade-available-with-conditional-statements?start=6#294536

Here are my questions in regards to Auto Action:

1. I'd like to trigger an email that is sent to the user when the checkbox=1, then send the email notifying the user to upgrade their account. What is the proper trigger do I use to trigger this message only once after the box has been checked? I used some that are similar to "onAfterEditATab" "onAfterUpdateUser" and it triggers multiple notification emails to the user.

2. Is there a list of explanations in each trigger? Some are self-explanatory....

Please help.

Thanks for everything you all do!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295571 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action Trigger List?

1. I'd like to trigger an email that is sent to the user when the checkbox=1, then send the email notifying the user to upgrade their account. What is the proper trigger do I use to trigger this message only once after the box has been checked? I used some that are similar to "onAfterEditATab" "onAfterUpdateUser" and it triggers multiple notification emails to the user.

You'll want to do that on backend and frontend profile update triggers with are onAfterUserUpdate (frontend) and onAfterUpdateUser (backend).

2. Is there a list of explanations in each trigger? Some are self-explanatory....

We've the below, but it's mainly to provide what trigger variables are available. It does provide trigger location though which maybe help clarify the trigger a little more.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18358-using-cb-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295578 by craschnburn
Replied by craschnburn on topic Auto Action Trigger List?
Excellent.
I have a related issue with this which is it triggers an email each time this is true. What if I'd like to have this email triggered only on first change only? It triggers each times when you go back into the profile and save.

I was watching over Nick's tutorial #4 of the Auto Action. I'm thinking this is something I'd have to incorporate using concatenating values and comparing them in the conditions. In the parameters tab, he used variable to references what they were prior, and what they are now.

I'd like some help/tutorial on how to configure that section. I'm still unsure.

Can you help? Or maybe some directions of an alternative way to achieve the email trigger only if the check box goes from 0 to 1, and not 1 to 1.
I feel like I almost have it with my logic.

6 years 9 months ago #295579 by craschnburn
Replied by craschnburn on topic Auto Action Trigger List?
I figured it out. I did exactly what the tutorial video had described. My mistake was I selected Variable 1 and Variable 3 in the parameters. I should have left it alone like Nick said in the video.

Please close.

thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn