CB Query field only visible by Admin, must be visible to registered members

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #317046 by adinet
Hi Team, I have cb query installed and use it to show various values through out our site.
One area that it is used is in JEvents and it shows the value of whether a member is financial or not.
It is used to show this value so no member can manipulate it but what is happening is it is only viewable by an Administrator and it has to be viewable by all registered members.
I have set the query field and all other sections every where that I can see to either public or registered and still no change.
Cleared all caches and I'm at a loss.
It would appear that all my query fields are not visible to anyone unless you are an Admin.
How can I change this so registered members can see the output from a query field type.
This is essential.
Ok in the mean time it works
Solved
Cheers Adrian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317047 by nant

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #317048 by adinet
Hi Nant, I changed so many settings so in the end I'm not 100% sure which setting did the trick.
So basically the cache took time to catch up.
Does Community Builder have its own cache?
I set the Query field to public in the field type via the core ajax inline editing but made it read only in the Query field settings.
I set the Query plugin to Public.
I set the Tab view to Registered.
I will go now backwards and try to unset different values to find the actual setting.
Cheers Adrian

4 years 1 month ago #317074 by krileon

Does Community Builder have its own cache?

CB does not do any file caching. Most caching in CBs is variable caching to prevent duplicate processing during a PHP process.

I set the Query field to public in the field type via the core ajax inline editing but made it read only in the Query field settings.

You can't edit a query field. It queries the database for results and displays them. So it has no edit functionality. Additionally you can't ajax edit a field marked read only. A query field can be displayed in profile edit, but it will just display its results like a Custom HTML field.

I set the Query plugin to Public.

That's the correct setting for plugins 99% of the time as it impacts who the plugin itself even loads for.

I set the Tab view to Registered.

This will cause the tabs contents to only be visible to registered users.

There's no access controls specifically on query fields beyond those controlled by something else. For example if you use CB Conditional or CB Privacy to set access restrictions on the query field. If you set the tab access parameter. If you set the query plugins access itself. It's possible the issue is in the query itself causing an empty result to output based off who is viewing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn