deaktivate entrance if entrance is set x-times

3 years 11 months ago #318416 by xgerry
Hi,
I fetched "auto actions" and I want limited users cause Corona on the matchfield.
So I am searching the right Function to deactivate the Entrance when it is set 10 times.

Greetings from Germany
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318447 by krileon
Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking for. You want to limit access to a specific field to only 10 users? You want to limit access to the site to only 10 users? You want to limit the field to only 10 options?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318476 by xgerry
Thank you for your Answer.
Unfortunately, I still don't get along with the new tool. The English language doesn't make it easier either.

I want to limit each field's value to 10. The value should only be selectable 10 times and then grayed out.

Greetings
Gerald Kaufmann

3 years 11 months ago #318494 by krileon
There's no functionality to limit a fields usage to only 10 users then be disabled. Best way I can think of to do that is CB Query Field to first query how many times a field has been used. Then CB Conditional to condition that field against your query field. That should give what you're wanting if I'm understanding you correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318593 by xgerry
I assume that CB Auto Actions should be used for this. I myself didn't really get very far with the tool.
I would need detailed instructions on how to do this. . .

3 years 11 months ago #318620 by krileon
You don't need CB Auto Actions for this. You need a means of counting how many times a field has been used then you need a means of conditioning the field away. The counting would be handled by CB Query Field, which would just be a simple count query against _comprofiler database table to see how many users have a value in the field. Example as follows.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__comprofiler` WHERE `FIELD_NAME` != ''

You'd then use CB Conditional to condition the field away. Example as follows.

Display: Field conditional hide
Field: QUERY_FIELD_HERE
Operator: Greater Than or Equal To
Value: 10
Locations: Registration and Profile Edit (disable the others)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn