cb auto action- assigning usergroup based on cb field value

3 years 9 months ago #319300 by sofast_x
i configured the moderators view access level to INSTITUTION.

should i even use moderator user? im running an education website with these user groups

tutors
event manager
coaches
publishers
students
parents
universities/college
institutions

maybe i would need to create a moderator set as INSTITUTION to be able to manage tutor, event manager, coaches in a subscription for multi users to create and manage courses.

error
:: Action 95 :: Condition 1-1 failed for user 1000262 with "Event Manager" Equal To "Students"

from the user management, after registration all users are in the selected group but the userlist didn't reveal any user. i configured the usergroup for each user lists.

FYI, my previous developer used RSForm for registration that will direct to each usergroup and lists. i want to remove this and use cb for all registration and lists. maybe this caused the error and not revealing the list according to the usergroups. any advice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319311 by krileon

should i even use moderator user? im running an education website with these user groups

Whether you need moderators or not is entirely up to you. Moderators have full permissions to moderator user profiles and their content in addition to the content of nearly all plugins.

error
:: Action 95 :: Condition 1-1 failed for user 1000262 with "Event Manager" Equal To "Students"

That looks like it's working fine. As explained earlier you should have 1 auto action per type so in this case the auto action for "Event Manager" would have worked. So a few of them will fail like that since their conditions are doing as they should. Just be sure to turn off debugging in the auto action once you're done.

from the user management, after registration all users are in the selected group but the userlist didn't reveal any user. i configured the usergroup for each user lists.

Not sure I understand what you mean by this. When configuring a userlist in CB > List Management be sure to select all the usergroups you want it to display in the "Usergroups" parameter. You then of course need to add columns to your userlist. I highly suggest reading the CB Primer Book, which you can download below as it goes through all the basics of CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn