Customize CB Activity Kunena - Reply

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325380 by XBOOMX
Customize CB Activity Kunena - Reply was created by XBOOMX
Hi, that's too much text for me. How can I determine how many words are displayed?

thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325386 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Customize CB Activity Kunena - Reply
Create a custom template for CB Activity then override that activity display. To do this navigate to the following.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates

Now create a new folder here. For example "custom", which gives you the following.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/custom

Now create the following folder path in your custom template.

/core
-/display

This gives you the following.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/custom/core/display

Next copy the following to the above folder.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/core/display/kunena.php

Which gives you the following.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/custom/core/display/kunena.php

Now within CB Activity select "custom" as the template. You can then edit kunena.php however you like and completely alter how that activity displays. This will be easier in the future when these are all changed over to just be layouts in Joomla and you'll be able to override them from your Joomla template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325432 by XBOOMX
Replied by XBOOMX on topic Customize CB Activity Kunena - Reply
Thanks for the information,
I don't want to make such deep changes at first. I'll wait a little longer and hope that these settings will become more user-friendly in the future.
Please don't get it wrong, you develop great products but the adjustments are often complicated.

thanks
Thomas

2 years 10 months ago #325447 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Customize CB Activity Kunena - Reply
We won't be adding parameters for altering the display. The only thing that will get easier is you'll be able to use Joomlas layout overriding within your Joomla template in a future release, which saves you the trouble of manually creating the template structure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn