CB Query Field filter not working at registration, works perfect while editing

1 month 1 day ago #337616 by webmasterACA
Hi support,

I am using CB Query field plugin for typical country selection in a query drop down single select field on 2 different sites. On one of them, during registration only, the drop down turns empty as soon as one types in the 1st letter of the country(my list of matching country names is empty) in stead of showing the first matching countries.
On the same site, same field, when this or any other registered user edits his CB profile, the drop down works perfectly (the drop down shows the countries with matching letters and the user can select the one he is looking for).
On the other site, both during registration and edit, the query works perfectly. On both sides, the field definitions and the query behind it etc. , are identically.
All CB plugins are set to access level 'public'.
I spend hours allready trying to figure out what is the issue, can't find. Any help on this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 23 hours ago #337619 by krileon
Within CB > Configuration > User Profile try setting "Profile View Access Level" to "Public" and see if your issue persists. If already set to public or not working still after setting to public please provide the configuration for your query field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 23 hours ago - 1 month 22 hours ago #337621 by webmasterACA
I did as you advised (again actually, tried that before) but it doesn't make a difference.
Query definition in 2 screenshots attached, used field definition pages also in 2 screenshots attached.
Attachments:

1 month 21 hours ago #337622 by krileon
Was able to confirm. Have created the following bug ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9394

Have also released a new CB Query Field build release fixing the issue. Please update and let me know if you have any further issues with it.

Note your query should also be taking into account select values otherwise during profile edit their value will be lost. See the description of the Filterable parameter for an example of how to take into account selected value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 21 hours ago #337623 by webmasterACA
Installed the new release, tested, issue solved. Thank you for solving this so quickly!
Thanks also for the advice on the selected value. Implemented that as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn