Moderator not receiving ACTION REQUIRED emails

14 years 9 months ago #105220 by jengregory
I am using CB 1.2.1 on Joomla 1.5.10 with Kunena 1.5.3. This is on a live domain (testing subdomain). It is on PHP 5.2.9 and Apache 2.2.11. I have the mod_comprofilerModerator module installed and published.

I have CB set up to have Workflow Requirements of Require Email Confirmation set to YES nd Require Admin Approval also set to YES.

When I test registering a new user, the new user gets an email to confirm their registration which upon clicking on the link, registers in the backend that they have confirmed and are now waiting for admin approval. However, Admin is not receiving the ACTION REQUIRED email message so they can continue the registration process.

As the Super Administrator I setup for all Super Administrators to be Moderators and have YES set on "Send Moderators Email" Configuration - Moderation tab. I have manually approved the new user in the CB backend and then they promptly get their approval email and can then successfully login to the site.

Any ideas of what I may have missed in setup for my Administrator to receive those approval emails?

I've looked through my Detailed Guide which I purchased and checked all my settings so am not sure where else to look at this stage.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #105225 by jengregory
Replied by jengregory on topic Re:Moderator not receiving ACTION REQUIRED emails
Please note that the Administrator is receiving Moderator emails when someone posts to the forum which has been set in the configuration so that part is working at least.

14 years 9 months ago #105315 by krileon
Have you edit the users and set them to receive emails? Edit the users from CBs User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #105347 by jengregory
Replied by jengregory on topic SOLVED: Moderator not receiving emails
Thank you so much - that worked. I don't believe that tip is in the paid manual and probably should be (unless I just plainly missed it!?!?)

Much appreciated.

14 years 9 months ago #105941 by jengregory
Replied by jengregory on topic Re:Moderator not receiving ACTION REQUIRED emails
mmm. Now I have a situation whereby myself (both a Super Administrator and a Moderator) is receiving notification of every post twice. I would like to receive this notification, but only once if possible!

For each post I am receiving an email addressed to my full name and an email addressed to Administrator so I assume the one going to my full name is to the Moderator? Or maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not sure what to turn off now that I have the situation fixed where I am receiving the Action Required emails when someone registers.

14 years 9 months ago #105983 by krileon
Actually it is in the manual (read slowly and carefully), but on to your other issue...

You have 2 accounts with the same e-mail? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. You're receiving 2 e-mails on 1 account?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn