Moderator not receiving ACTION REQUIRED emails

14 years 9 months ago #106104 by jengregory
Replied by jengregory on topic Re:Moderator not receiving ACTION REQUIRED emails
Hi,
I have just spent the last 3 hours reading the entire manual from start to finish, again! I understand that maybe the first time I read it, a lot of things didn't sink in as I had only just installed CB and hadn't grasped many of the concepts that well.
However, on this ocassion, pretty much everything made sense in one way or another.
I did not, however find the information about having to Edit the user to receive emails, as is the case with my initial question on this thread!

Back to your question on my current issue. As a user on the website I am configuring, I am a Super Administrator and I am also set as to receive Moderator emails.

On another note, after reading the entire manual I played around with a few things to see if they work and 3 things are not working for me:

Lost Password
I tested out what happens when I click on 'Lost Password' and after putting my username and a wrong email address it promptly told me no username and email existed so I then put in my username and right email address and I got a message saying that an email would be sent to me. That email never arrived! And as a result I was locked out of the forum - I had to manually reset my password in the backend of the site.

Unsubscribe and Remove Options in My Profile - Forum Tab
I then tested unsubscribing from a forum thread(from within My Profile) and I ended up with a blank white page. When I fixed the URL to go back to the main site, I was still logged in and upon checking My Profile, I was still subscribed to the said forum thread. Unsubscribe All had the same result. When I click on 'Remove' or 'Remove All' from threads, it just sent me back to the same My Profile, forum tab, page with no removal actually occuring.

One last question which I couldn't find addressed in the manual, when I log in, in the bottom of the main Categories page, I see 'Hidden Users:' underneath the usernames of any online users. What is 'Hidden Users'? referring to? Am I only seeing that because I'm a Super Administrator / Moderator?

Sorry this is so long but I've searched the forums and read the manual so I would appreciate the help if possible.

Best regards!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #106148 by jengregory
Replied by jengregory on topic Re:Moderator not receiving ACTION REQUIRED emails
Ok, after a good night's sleep :blink: I have been able to think more and finally found a thread on the Kunena website forum that had a link to the CB fix for the unsubscribe and remove issues - www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,99969/catid,100/ .

:( Still having issues with the lost password/login though - no email being received yet the website locks me out. I have tested this from both the CB Login module (which usually I don't have published) and the Lost Password link that sits in teh top of the Kunena Forum area (I use these links for all Login and Registration requirements)

I hope someone can help. I've tried searching the forums of both CB and Kunena several times now but am not finding a similar issue.

14 years 9 months ago #106153 by Rapunzl
Do you have the mandatory public User Profile menu link? Also, Joomla 1.5 might require that you have a CB Login module menu link, even if in a hidden menu.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 9 months ago #106157 by jengregory
a-ha! You're a star thank you. The public CB user profile link was unpublished in the hidden user menu. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I think I have also fixed my issue of receiving two emails when someone makes a post - I played around with settings in the Kunena User area.

I guess my only last question I have is to shed some light on this 'Hidden Users' line but I think it might be a Kunena thing, not CB.

Thanks again for yours and krileon's help. Much appreciated.

I played around with JomSocial but have found CB with Kunena to be an excellent solution for my needs and look forward to implementing it on more sites soon.

Regards. ;)

14 years 12 hours ago #131569 by uriel
I have a similar issue.

I even tried changing the Main Admin email address to the address I want the Action Required emails to be sent.

It would not send to any other address but the 1 originally set up when Joomla / CB was installed.

Any idea why this is happening ?

14 years 2 hours ago #131623 by krileon
You need to edit the users you wish to receive emails within User Management and set them to receive moderator emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn