Needing assistance with Userlist (Unresolved)

14 years 1 month ago #130072 by rspack
Is there any way to easily hide the search boxes in my list once the search has completed and there are 1 or more results?

I have 20 fields to search from (multi-criteria) and this causes the results to push way down below view of the screen area (1280x800 resolution, which is probably standard. I hate to think what it looks like in 800x600). But regardless, the search feature's appearance in CB could use some work in regards to keeping the search box on-screen after a search.

Many of my users think there were no results because they do not see immediate results, and many do not scroll down. I am assuming this is due to other web searches where the results displace the search box after a search is finished.

Can anyone think or know of a way to make the boxes hide after a search is complete (or after clicking the search button)?

I am not a coder, so I have no clue as to making a custom plugin, and I sure don't have the money to pay someone to code a plugin. (Laid off currently)

Or if anyone knows where the code is in CB for the search results, I would be willing to try and at least swap position of results after the search button is clicked. Perhaps even figure out how to make the boxes hide in the process.

Anyone?????

Post edited by: rspack, at: 2010/04/14 21:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #130101 by krileon
Yes this is doable, but will require editing of core code. Please see the following addition (code lines assume you've CB 1.2.2 installed).

IN: components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php
ON: Lines 819-825
[code:1]
/*
$ajaxCode = "$('#cbUserListsSearchTrigger').hide();"
. "$('#cbUserListsSearcher').show();"
. "} );"
;
$_CB_framework->outputCbJQuery( $ajaxCode );
*/
[/code:1]
TO:
$ajaxCode = "$('#cbUserListsSearcher').slideUp('slow');";

$_CB_framework->outputCbJQuery( $ajaxCode );

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #130106 by rspack
Kril,

You are the man! Worked just as I needed it too....!

Hid the search boxes after results posted.

Thanks for the fast reply and VERY MUCH HELPFUL code.

14 years 1 month ago #130117 by rspack
Oops, spoke too soon in last post. Your code works great if I use the All Users search. But when I search using 1 or more search box criteria, I still have the issue with the boxes remaining. I tried looking at the code and above the code change you provided I found this code and changed this:

// Show the Search Criteria part:
. "\n $('#cbUserListsSearcher').slideDown 'slow');"

to this:

// Show the Search Criteria part:
. "\n $('#cbUserListsSearcher').slideUp 'slow');"

But that did not work. What do I need to change to make my results appear the same way (in the code change you provided) for searches where I am selecting a criteria? Like I said, your changes work great if I do nothing but click on the "Find Users" button, or click on the "All Users" link. But if I choose a search box criteria then I am seeing the search boxes again and the results do not slide up and remain at the bottom of search page.

Post edited by: rspack, at: 2010/04/13 16:20

Post edited by: rspack, at: 2010/04/13 16:21

14 years 1 month ago #130124 by krileon
Don't understand what you mean. Using search criteria and pressing Find Users or Enter to perform the search should result in the Criteria hiding. You'll need to examine the surrounding code and look at other possible jQuery implementations to hide the Criteria.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #130126 by rspack
I have attached my php file. Can you look and see if I implemented the coding you gave correctly?

Attachment comprofiler-87b554402daef24bca63102c6baedef2.zip not found

Post edited by: rspack, at: 2010/04/13 16:52
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn