Error when linking to facebook

14 years 1 month ago #128136 by allisonM
Error when linking to facebook was created by allisonM
CB 1.2.2

I have installed the Facebook Connect plugin , configured it as per instructions, and created the facebook app.

Can some one please tell me what i am doing wrong ?

I get the following message when i try to 'Link' to facebook in a popup

'Facebook.com not reachable'

Kindest
Allison :blush:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #128154 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error when linking to facebook
That means the facebook JS failed, thus failing to allow connection. Please ensure your website as direct access to the internet. External facebook libraries are necessary for facebook connect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #128274 by mrappi
Replied by mrappi on topic Re:Error when linking to facebook
I had a different error when clicking the signin button:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Facebook in ../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/facebook-client/facebook.php on line 37

However, after clicking the back button on my browser (FF) I was already logged in with FB to my site.
Later I realized I was missing the trailing forward slash in the connect URL of my FB app (I had created the app long time ago so I hadn't read that part of the documentation).
That forward slash fixed the issue.
Posting here only in case someone has the same problem.

14 years 1 month ago #128314 by nant

14 years 1 week ago #130690 by mrappi
Replied by mrappi on topic Re:Error when linking to facebook
I've had the problem again. I read somewhere that it is because of some PHP issue. I know I am on PHP 5.2.11, using interface cgi-fcgi whatever this means. Is this good enough?

14 years 1 week ago #130737 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error when linking to facebook
mrappi wrote:

I've had the problem again. I read somewhere that it is because of some PHP issue. I know I am on PHP 5.2.11, using interface cgi-fcgi whatever this means. Is this good enough?

Please upgrade to RC3. What error are you referring to? You've posted more then 1 in this thread. ;) Please provide exact details as to what your issue is. Yes, your PHP version is fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn