Error when linking to facebook

14 years 1 week ago #130805 by mrappi
Replied by mrappi on topic Re:Error when linking to facebook
Sorry for the confusion but the first error in this thread wasn't mine. I am referring to "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Facebook in ../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/facebook-client/facebook.php on line 37"
I am using RC3. Thank you for the clarification on the PHP version.
The latest I found out is that the plugin might be getting some interference from Open Inviter. I do have a link to JoomInvite, which uses Open Inviter, in the same page (the front page) where the login button is.
I only got the error twice, the first time with version 1, now with RC3, and and both times I was not specifically investigating the error, so it is hard to remember all the circumstances.
I will try to pay more attention next time so that I can contribute better info.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #130979 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error when linking to facebook

I am referring to "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Facebook in ../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/facebook-client/facebook.php on line 37"

This is because you've something else installed that is loading Facebooks API files. Please disable it.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/22 18:46

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #140137 by primetime18007
Replied by primetime18007 on topic Re:Error when linking to facebook

That means the facebook JS failed, thus failing to allow connection. Please ensure your website as direct access to the internet. External facebook libraries are necessary for facebook connect.

I have this issue, but I am unsure what that fix means. My site is on the internet now but I still get the 'facebook.com not reachable' pop up. Could I please get some clarification to help resolve this?

Many Thanks!

13 years 8 months ago #140197 by krileon
It means Facebooks server can not be reached thus the API can not be prepared. Something is blocking access or your have something else installed that is loading Facebooks API. Please review your servers error logs for the exact issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #140305 by primetime18007
Replied by primetime18007 on topic Re:Error when linking to facebook
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Per your suggestion, the error logs on my server had no mention of this FB not-reachable event. As it is a new site in dev, I did a complete re-install of Joomla, CB, and the FB plugin to be sure, and still the same result.
The app to be created on FB seemed pretty straightforward in the instructions provided.

Could it still be my server/host even though a log event was not recorded?

13 years 8 months ago #140309 by krileon
Please ensure you're using Facebook 1.0. That error does not exist in the latest release. Please re-download FBC and re-install it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn