[SOLVED] require user to choose email at login

14 years 1 month ago #128994 by nfernandez
Replied by nfernandez on topic Re:require user to choose email at login
I tried but no luck. The info i found online doesn't seem to match the CB Facebook files real close so i can't figure it out. If ANYONE can figure this out, please let me know. Having this option was the whole reason i purchased a subscription...i should have read into it more. WIthout it, the whole login is useless because i sell items on my site. If i can't email them, it makes it difficult to communicate. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #129060 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:require user to choose email at login
nfernandez wrote:

I tried but no luck. The info i found online doesn't seem to match the CB Facebook files real close so i can't figure it out. If ANYONE can figure this out, please let me know. Having this option was the whole reason i purchased a subscription...i should have read into it more. WIthout it, the whole login is useless because i sell items on my site. If i can't email them, it makes it difficult to communicate. ;)

Again, we're working to address this issue, but of course requires new development and new development takes time; sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #129563 by mrappi
Replied by mrappi on topic Re:require user to choose email at login
Hey. I am on the same boat here: re-subscribed only -or mainly- to get the plugin but was very disappointed to see the email is not there, and I am not a programmer either...). I think the file that needs to be changed is ../com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/cb.facebookconnect.php. I also tried with ../com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/facebook-client/facebook.php
(see my older post for more detail on what I tried in case it gives you any ideas, but nothing worked...)
If you think I should try any other file (or that I should not touch those two above) please let me know.
I have found the documentation on the facebook developers site very confusing, specially how they switch back and forth between what applies to a connect site and what applies to regular apps, but may be the docs are targeted to a more educated audience. Oh, and I think getting the email is TOTALLY worth the extra pop up. It would also make it fair to other site members who I make provide an email to sign in.

14 years 3 weeks ago #129729 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:require user to choose email at login
We've already implemented the email feature and it's in testing; folks hold ye horses! It's coming in next release. We've managed to implement it in a non-intrusive way. You'll have 3 new options: Require email (user can't connect without providing it), ask after registration (small banner at the top of your site), or don't request it at all and continue to use the @invalid address.

In addition to this you'll also be able to specify the login redirect URL instead of always returning the user to their previous location. You can also just leave the parameter blank and continue to redirect to previous URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #129795 by mrappi
Replied by mrappi on topic Re:require user to choose email at login
Thank you!

13 years 10 months ago #136359 by kevvie
Hi all,
Any update on the use of Facebook connect. I have also integrated Twitter connect and think I may disable it as I see many users in the CB User Management with fake email addresses so no way of contacting them.

Any suggestions on how to force user to enter email even if using Facebook connect.

Thanks
Kev

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn