Session write error

14 years 2 weeks ago #130209 by thetafferboy
Session write error was created by thetafferboy
I am sometimes (not always) getting a "session write error!" warning when signing in with Facebook connect.

I think I have whittled the problem down to:

1) Seems only to happen on IE

2) Seems to only happen to users who already have an existing regular account (meaning my girlfriend can sign in via facebook as she has no normal account on the site, however I have a linked FB account and signing in just with FB causes session write error)

3) Linking / unlinking works fine

4) Signing in on regular account *then* signing in on Facebook seems to work.

I saw this thread where there was a conflict with another component - but I'm not sure which that could be.

I am running CB 1.2.2 and I have made these modifications to the FBconnect plugin because I am using 404SEF - although I am confident that is not the cause of this issue.

I am running Joomla in Legacy 1.0 and have these components installed:

Fireboard Forum
JCrawler
JoomlaPack
Member Care System
Phoca Gallery
sh404SEF
SOBI 2
YanC

The url is www.thescubasite.com

Thanks in advance, I hope I have included all the required info.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #130216 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Session write error
Was not able to duplicate your issue. It would seam there is likely a conflict from a 3rd party extension. Have you tried disabling Joomla plugins 1 by 1 until resolved or CB plugins (aside from Facebook of course)? Please note we don't support modifications to the core code and advise you to revert the changes. You should discuss with your SEF extension developer a proper resolution as the extensions should not SEF all URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132584 by FerJoomla
Replied by FerJoomla on topic Re:Session write error
(Plase, sorry for my very bad english, I am spanish) I have the same problem, I have not any SEO or SEF component, only joomla URLs. The message is "session write error!" Plase, I need a solution for advance in my work. Another theme, the mail adress is an error and the system ask for a valid adresss before unlink the user, the same with the username ¿It is normal?

13 years 11 months ago #132667 by krileon
Again, please check what extensions you've installed as you likely have a conflict which is messing up session usage. Please see Help Us Help You within my signature for debug procedures.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #133573 by manuel_c
Replied by manuel_c on topic Re:Session write error

I am sometimes (not always) getting a "session write error!" warning when signing in with Facebook connect.

I am having this exact same issue. I get the "Session write error!" in firefox.

However in chrome i get this:

"moscomprofiler::store failed: Unknown column 'facebook_id' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `jos_comprofiler` SET `user_id`=75,`firstname`='Manuel',`lastname`='Congosto',`hits`='0',`message_last_sent`='0000-00-00 00:00:00',`message_number_sent`='0',`avatar`='1097520465_n1097520465_5147.jpg.jpg',`avatarapproved`='1',`approved`='1',`confirmed`='1',`registeripaddr`='',`cbactivation`='',`banned`='0',`acceptedterms`='0',`facebook_id`='',`lastupdatedate`='0000-00-00 00:00:00',`fb_userid`='1097520465',`fb_lastupdate`='2010-05-20 04:36:40' WHERE id='75'"

In ie i don't get any erors but it does not work, it just don't log in, just refreshes.

All DB checks are OK. You can check the site at ticomentarios.com/

Weird thing, it was working fine last night, so the problem is somehow intermitent. I have not installed anything after.

Please help, thanks.

13 years 11 months ago #133582 by krileon

facebook_id

We don't use this field, you can see in the query our field which is fb_userid. Appears you have some other facebook extension installed with ours, likely conflicting. Please examine what extensions you've installed as you've a conflict. If you wish for me to JS debug your site then please provide a URL to your site where FBC is actively in use.

Weird thing, it was working fine last night, so the problem is somehow intermitent. I have not installed anything after.

Something changed on your installation or server to cause this. It simply does not timebomb and suddenly stop working; unless the problem is on FBs end of course, which am unable to duplicate.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.335 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn