[SOLVED] CB Facebook Connect Issues

13 years 11 months ago #132440 by Leo51
I installed the CB Facebook/Twitter Connect plugins successfully. Also, I setup the API both at facebook and twitter and followed the configurations as outlined by CD.

My first and second tests to login to my site was with the Facebook connect were OK but all other attempts are failing. It just keep opening a new window of the site.

I then installed the Twitter and its the same issue.
My site is new with 1.5 joomla and CB1.2.2.

runawaybeauties.com/models/ .

Please visit the site and do a test

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/16 14:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132444 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues
Your applications do not appear to be configured correctly or a conflict is preventing the proper data from passing. Please PM backend Joomla login credentials and will take a look. I can not examine your Facebook and Twitter application credentials however without your logins so will only be able to debug local side issues. You may PM the additional credentials however so may further investigate.

The conflict is likely due to the following Fatal JS error which will prevent Facebook and Twitters JS from functioning (necessary for the connection).

[code:1]
Error: missing ) after argument list
Source File: runawaybeauties.com/models/
Line: 23, Column: 71
Source Code:
new Moostick($($('tpnewsticker1788045798'), true, 500, false, true);
[/code:1]

Please review whatever this is coming from and either repair it or remove the extension.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/07 00:58

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132452 by Leo51
Replied by Leo51 on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues
Thanks very much. I do not know how you were able to see this error but that news-ticker is the culprit.

I would really like to know how you were able to see this error.

On the bottom status bar of my browser, I see a script error not sure how to display the script error message.

Again, Many Thanks. The twitter seems to have issues because I have tried another site and that section of the twitter is not loading.

Question: Did I read some where (might be in a newsletter from the team) that an upgrade to the facebook connect corrected the @invalid email address?

Thanks

Post edited by: Leo51, at: 2010/05/07 05:31

13 years 11 months ago #132501 by krileon
Was able to review the error within Firefox from the Error Console (Tools > Error Console).

Question: Did I read some where (might be in a newsletter from the team) that an upgrade to the facebook connect corrected the @invalid email address?

Yes, latest release will now obtain a users actual email address.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132531 by Leo51
Replied by Leo51 on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues

Yes, latest release will now obtain a users actual email address.[/quote]

I'M afraid that this is not happening and that's my reason for asking. I did installed the latest version (plug_cbfacebookconnect_1.0) if this is the correct and still get the invalid email.

Also, I Keep getting the error: Facebook ID not present!.

Sometimes I would login and sometimes It won't

13 years 11 months ago #132640 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue locally and live; it appears Facebook has phasing out their older API quicker then anticipated. The check to verify a users authentication is failing. Will require further investigation; sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.698 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn