[SOLVED] CB Facebook Connect Issues

13 years 11 months ago #134197 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues

Any idea what could be causing the "Facebook ID not present!" error to occur?

Facebook API is failing to obtain your ID, that's the only cause.

When migrating, I did however have to comment out the line

Well this is the first clue.. you just broke the API..

due to some fatal php errors (conflicting defines). So perhaps this is the cause???

Uninstall the conflict, you can't have 2 facebook libraries loading at once. This will be addressed with the next release as I've wrote our own API for Facebook (if any developer uses the class cbFacebook then remove it, cb prefixes are reserved for CB team members ONLY unless given explicit permission).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135758 by digiguy1
Replied by digiguy1 on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues
Hi All,

I too had this issue, but it was working before with myapi com/mod/plugs. I uninstalled all the myapi stuff and it worked the first time.
It would be nice to integrate the fanbox, etc with that still. Is will research that and try to get it working. Works great. Thanks CBTeam... great work.

For those of you having the "Facebook ID not present!
!" issue, try removing all your cookies related to your site in the clients browser. (Didn't take the time to figure out which one it was, likely a session cookie.) This fixed the issue when I deleted a user, then tried to have them login again fresh.

Post edited by: digiguy1, at: 2010/06/21 15:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn