[SOLVED] CB Facebook Connect Issues

13 years 11 months ago #132641 by Leo51
Replied by Leo51 on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues
OK, Thanks. This is a new site still being developed although that I have linked it from the old site so if there are new registrations they will be done through CB.

I have already added all of the necessary fields for the models and set the template settings but would like to have the FBC working same as twitter.

Again Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132664 by wtpatterson
Replied by wtpatterson on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues
I upgraded to version 1.0 last night and everything was working fine. I could login via facebook.

This morning, I also get the error "Facebook ID not present!"

I have not changed any settings on either end since it worked successfully.

I am tying to make it easier for users to login so they can RSVP for an event that is comming up in less than two weeks.

Thanks!

13 years 11 months ago #132687 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues
This is an issue on Facebooks end with their API; we're not sure how long it will take for them to resolve the issue, but we will continue to investigate. Unfortunately such issue is out of our hands, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #133299 by Leo51
Replied by Leo51 on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues
I'm still having the same issue to login with the facebook option while no problem with twitter.

I just get a new page when the credentials are entered in the facebook card and I hit OK. Also, can an admin logn using their twitter and tell me how that I could make the logout look presentable. It off and I'm play around with the cblogn mod but can't rearrange the appearance. runawaybeauties.com/models/

Is there any way to work around this problem and is this happening to everybody or just me?

Thanks, Fred

13 years 11 months ago #133369 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues

I just get a new page when the credentials are entered in the facebook card and I hit OK.

Please try a fresh install of Joomla + CB + FBC in a sub-directory or sub-domain and confirm if issue still present. Site has been too personalized to determine if issue is a conflict or not.

Also, can an admin logn using their twitter and tell me how that I could make the logout look presentable.

If the display is not sufficient for your needs you are more then welcome to edit the CSS associated with the plugins buttons, please navigate to the plugins folder within CB and edit the CSS file associated with the plugin. You could also use for example Firebug for Firefox and examine the pages elements to assist in CSS styling.

Is there any way to work around this problem and is this happening to everybody or just me?

No, many are having this problem. It is due to Facebook changing their API (again) at last minutes without testing. We're working to resolve the issue likely by upgrading to their new API usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #133837 by test00999
Replied by test00999 on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect Issues
Any idea what could be causing the "Facebook ID not present!" error to occur?

I installed everything successfully, but this started happening as soon as i migrated the joomla site to a new server (domain name is the same).

When migrating, I did however have to comment out the line

include_once 'jsonwrapper/jsonwrapper.php';

located in the file:

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/facebook-client/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php

due to some fatal php errors (conflicting defines). So perhaps this is the cause???

any help would be appreciated B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn