[SOLVED] facebook login doesnt show

13 years 11 months ago #133741 by rbolivar
Replied by rbolivar on topic Re:facebook login doesnt show
the default registration group is se to REGISTERED.

Now i get a different error:

if I click on FACebok LOGIN before logging in i get: session error

but i i click facefook login after i logged in in joomla it works fine.

also, if i login in joomla, logout and then try to login to facebook I get no errors

the error "session error" hapens when i try to login thru the facebook login and I havent log in using joomla or facebook before. does it make sense?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #133747 by r1rider01
Replied by r1rider01 on topic Re:facebook login doesnt show
rbolivar wrote:

the default registration group is se to REGISTERED.

Now i get a different error:

if I click on FACebok LOGIN before logging in i get: session error

but i i click facefook login after i logged in in joomla it works fine.

also, if i login in joomla, logout and then try to login to facebook I get no errors

the error "session error" hapens when i try to login thru the facebook login and I havent log in using joomla or facebook before. does it make sense?

I had this EXACT error...I found out it the user group you have your FB account set to...Since I was the admin, i set my account to Super Admin, when i used facebook login to login i would get these same errors. So i changed my user account to registered (i just use the default admin login for the backened until this is fixed) everything works great and haven't had a single issue yet.

13 years 11 months ago #133918 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:facebook login doesnt show
Interesting, so is only happening for you when you attempt to login or synchronize to a Super Administrator user, but Registered users work fine? Do you happen to be using any ACL modification extensions to add custom Usergroups?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #134378 by rbolivar
Replied by rbolivar on topic Re:facebook login doesnt show
I was testing eith my user which is an administrator. I changed my user group to registered and its all working now, thanks!

13 years 10 months ago #136127 by only1russ
Replied by only1russ on topic Re:facebook login doesnt show
Same here (FYI)
I setup a new site, setup facebook connect
used fb connect, then changed to super admin, and I got this message:

You cannot create a user with this User Group Level. Only Super Administrators have this ability.

...but after changing to publisher - all is well.

Is there a fix for this?

THANKS!

-- Russ T.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.733 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn