API Error Code: 100

13 years 10 months ago #134327 by MeTurk
API Error Code: 100 was created by MeTurk
Hi, I'm having a few problems getting this plug in to work I've gone over the settings a few times and can't find what I'm doing wrong.

The website address is www.dunmore.ie/v2

I'm getting the following error,

API Error Description: Invalid parameter
Error Message: next is not owned by the application.

I also have a facebook fanbox from Khawaib.co.uk, that is affecting it. I have made two separate applications one for the facebook fanbox (which has been up on the mainsite and working for a while) and the connect one for your plugin.

When the fanbox module is off I get the error above, but when I turn it on the your plugin tries to use that facebook application to connect instead of the one I made for it. I've gone back over the details and I have the keys the correct way arround so I don't know why it's trying to use the wrong key.

The fanbox has an option to "Enable Connect Script", which I've tried on and off.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #134338 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:API Error Code: 100
You're initiating the Facebook API twice which is going to conflict. It's a central API which uses JS globals to execute API commands. The JS globals are not being set properly because you're setting them twice via two different integrations. We've eliminated most of these issues with next release as we've developed our own PHP library but unfortunately can not solve JS related issues as that is an external library. You'll need to decide which integration you wish to use or edit either/or to use the same API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #134350 by MeTurk
Replied by MeTurk on topic Re:API Error Code: 100
So if I can use the same API that would solve the problem? The only reason I went with two was because I thought using the same one would conflict.

Post edited by: MeTurk, at: 2010/05/31 17:08

13 years 10 months ago #134392 by MeTurk
Ok I used the same API I was using for the fanbox but now it seems when I click to link accounts it's trying to link to the facebook page instead of my account (from the looks of things I could be wrong.

It's coming back with the error "Facebook ID not present!". It so close now, I'm hoping it's just something I haven't filled in correctly.

13 years 10 months ago #134474 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:API Error Code: 100
MeTurk wrote:

Ok I used the same API I was using for the fanbox but now it seems when I click to link accounts it's trying to link to the facebook page instead of my account (from the looks of things I could be wrong.

It's coming back with the error "Facebook ID not present!". It so close now, I'm hoping it's just something I haven't filled in correctly.

FBC needs to use the included API. The API of your other extension is more then likely out of date. When clicking link if not already authorized you should receive a pop-up informing you of the request otherwise if the application is already authorized it should process automatically.

Sorry don't know what more to advise, you've two conflicting extensions installed. You need to decide which you prefer and which is best for your sites traffic.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #134497 by MeTurk
I disabled the fanbox module but it made no difference, so I decided to uninstall the module on that site and on the other joomla installation at www.dunmore.ie but I'm still getting the following error.

API Error Description: Invalid parameter
Error Message: next is not owned by the application.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn