Cross Browser Support?

13 years 10 months ago #135586 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cross Browser Support?

if i have created a user and asked them to sign in it doesnt work

So you're only having issues with Linking existing users? Are those existing users Registered usergroup or have higher permissions?

We've seen very few incedents with "You cannot create a user with this User Group Level. Only Super Administrators have this ability." and could not find the direct cause. Something causes the CB Framework API to completely NULL out resulting in the usergroup not properly obtained. We suspect 3rd party Joomla system plugin.

I recommend creating a fresh install of Joomla + CB + FBC and testing to see if an issue is still present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135603 by liovah
Replied by liovah on topic Re:Cross Browser Support?
Thanks a lot, will try this, will get back to you ;)

Thank you so much for your help and patience.

Lev B ;)

13 years 10 months ago #135687 by liovah
Hey,

I have reinstalled Joomla, CB and FBC. Its not showing up, i think its because I don't have CB Plugins Integrations enabled, stupid question, and i found it before but i cant seem to find it. Im not sure if its me been lazy or anything but I could see documentation for Joomla.

Could you please direct me to the button I need?

Thanks,
Lev B.

13 years 10 months ago #135706 by liovah
Hey, found the button and its appeared.

Okay, so, if your super admin (not sure about admin and mod) when you try to sign in you get "session write error" however I created a fake fb account to test it with and it logged in perfectly, however it doesnt add people to the "counter" at www.facebook.com/developers so technically is hasn't added anyone to the list its only...signed them in? This is all after the clean reinstall.

Thanks,
Lev B.

13 years 10 months ago #135791 by liovah
The error is still here, i have reinstalled twice now, no luck :/

13 years 10 months ago #135837 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cross Browser Support?
liovah wrote:

The error is still here, i have reinstalled twice now, no luck :/

A fresh install of only Joomla + CB + FBC is still causing the duplicate session issue? Are you using the latest release of FBC (1.0 stable)? We're working to release 1.1 which eliminates most usage of Sessions during the synchronization process as appears many users are having problems with their sites session storage (possibly related to server configuration as the session usage does use PHP functions). This is only happening if attempting to "link" a super administrator, correct?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn