sign in button redirects to empty profile page

13 years 10 months ago #135871 by InfinityPlanes
Replied by InfinityPlanes on topic Re:sign in button redirects to empty profile page
Tried with a new account, my mums, and still the same problem.

Just to make it clear, it's registering on my site first, then linking to facebook, then signing into facebook from that account that's the problem.

Redirects to an empty user profile every time :(

This must be a bug, I've tried everything.

Also, setting to registration only doesn't remove the link/unlink feature I've noticed.
The topic has been locked.
13 years 10 months ago #135910 by InfinityPlanes
Replied by InfinityPlanes on topic Re:sign in button redirects to empty profile page
I checked my server logs again, and it's throwing up an error on that page, trouble is I don't know what it means:

[Thu Jun 17 03:27:37 2010] [error] [client 95.108.216.251] Failed loading ixed.lin: ixed.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can you shed some light?

Fixed that, it was SourceGuardian.

Still no User Profile.

Could it be a session problem? I see that when a facebook account is linked to, all session data is purged.

I notice the table jos_comprofiler_members is empty, don't really know why or if this could cause a problem..

That sign in button.

Post edited by: InfinityPlanes, at: 2010/06/17 14:24

Post edited by: InfinityPlanes, at: 2010/06/17 14:25

Post edited by: InfinityPlanes, at: 2010/06/17 14:26
Attachments:
13 years 10 months ago #136033 by krileon

Could it be a session problem? I see that when a facebook account is linked to, all session data is purged.

Your sessions shouldn't purge. Do you have any 3rd party extensions such as Joobi conflicting?

I notice the table jos_comprofiler_members is empty, don't really know why or if this could cause a problem..

That table handles a users Connections. CB users are stored in _comprofiler.

That sign in button.

Everything looks correct, your user I see is properly linked (reason for unlink button). Have you tried unlinking then re-linking? I can't duplicate your issue with my own personal Facebook account. Am not sure what further to advise. It's possible some privacy settings within your Facebook account are not permitting the API to function properly as Facebook has again changed privacy policies which too affects their API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 10 months ago #136066 by InfinityPlanes

I can't duplicate your issue with my own personal Facebook account. Am not sure what further to advise

You've registered your test account via Facebook initially, that way works.

It's when you register with my registration process, the Community Builder/Joomla one, and then log in via the traditional login form, that the issue arises.

That sign in button will only show if you don't register via Facebook first.
13 years 10 months ago #136184 by krileon

That sign in button will only show if you don't register via Facebook first.

Don't understand this. Was able to see and user the Sign In button perfectly fine. Am not once redirected to a blank page. However this redirect will be eliminated with next release where no redirections will be performed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 10 months ago #136243 by InfinityPlanes

Don't understand this

I'm not sure you ever will.

Without checking I think this is the third time I have stipulated that this is the sign in button displayed when the user logs into community builder using the traditional login method, and is displayed, as the picture states above, after login.

I don't know how to make that any clearer.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn