sign in button redirects to empty profile page

13 years 10 months ago #135824 by InfinityPlanes
Replied by InfinityPlanes on topic Re:sign in button redirects to empty profile page
Also there's two undifined variables in the php of a Maian Music Module module I have on the home page where the sign in button is clicked.

Somebody's set up a for loop without defining the variable i.

Could this impact things?
The topic has been locked.
13 years 10 months ago #135853 by InfinityPlanes
Replied by InfinityPlanes on topic Re:sign in button redirects to empty profile page
I've disabled everything on the home/login page except the main and top menu, still nothing on the profile page redirect.

This has got me stumped, I've disabled all third party plugins in CB, all that remains are the core plugins.

There are a number of CSS warnings, but that shouldn't make a difference should it?

I've just disabled every component except com_profiler, and still no joy.

This is weird..

Post edited by: InfinityPlanes, at: 2010/06/16 20:35
13 years 10 months ago #135859 by krileon
Please check that you are using the latest released FBC plugin (re-download and install to be safe). I can't seam to duplicate your issue. Was there no errors on the blank page? That's actually the plugins page you're seeing and not profile page. Have you checked your server error log to see if it points to any issues? If using SEF please disable it and confirm if issue persists or not. The return= variable in the URL stores the encoded URL which you are to be redirected to, you should be sent back to where you previously came from.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/16 20:50

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 10 months ago #135861 by InfinityPlanes
SEF is off, mod_rewrite is off, tried with suffix on and off.

I reinstalled from a fresh download yesterday, that's the first thing I thought of :)

I'm gonna pm you my back end creds if you'd care to have a look.

Cheers.
13 years 10 months ago #135866 by krileon
Not quite sure what the issue is, but was able to successfully connect my personal account.

You have successfully logged in

Have you tried logging in with Site > Global Configuration > System > Debug System set to Yes? Were there any errors on-screen? If not were there any errors within your server error log? Are you trying to Link a user to create a new user via FBC?

Your Facebook ID appears to be properly stored to your account as well. Please try Unlinking and Relinking your account.

Am not seeing any visible conflicts of any sort however, so not quite sure what is happening to prevent the redirect for your user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 10 months ago #135868 by InfinityPlanes
Yeah, it's registering on my site, then signing into FB once logged into my site that's the problem.

I'll try to borrow a facebook account off someone to test it from scratch.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn