[SOLVED] Facebook API Error Code: 100

13 years 8 months ago #141168 by harpreetsg
Replied by harpreetsg on topic Re:Facebook API Error Code: 100
Hi Krileon,
here's an update:
It turns out the code changes created atleast some problem.. I reinstalled a fresh CB and tried the FB Connect plugin as well as CB Connect from incubator.

1. FB Connect: Everything works perfect, except profile pic doesn't show on sign up.
2. CB Connect: Shows profile pic also on sign up, but the FB button on login page looks pretty bad. Also, it doesn't redirect to edit profile page on signup. It also gives a message on top of the page which temporarily pushes the whole page down-makes it look bad.

The functionality I want is closer to FB Connect- It would be great if we can somehow get the Profile Pic to show, instead of going for CBConnect.

I've moved the site to a dedicated server, so a 404 shouldn't occur now. www.asksailors.com
Please check it if you can.
Ill PM you the admin username and password if you wish to see how CB connect looks instead of FB Connect.

Let me know whats the best solution

Regards,
Harpreet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #141224 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook API Error Code: 100
Current usage of FBC is dead, the API is no longer supported by Facebook. Next FBC release will feature same usage as CB Connect, sorry. This is unavoidable due to API changes. The plugin is open source, you're welcome to make any changes that'll fit your specific needs. If the button display is not sufficient for you it has a class specific to it self, you're welcome to use CSS to adjust the button 100% as it's entirely CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #141314 by harpreetsg
Replied by harpreetsg on topic Re:Facebook API Error Code: 100
Thanks, changing some CB connect code solved my worries.

13 years 8 months ago #142105 by ZOEMAGLTD
Replied by ZOEMAGLTD on topic Re:[SOLVED] Facebook API Error Code: 100
There something wrong with FBC. It doesn't provide an application ID, the real question is, how to hack it. I don't know the answer to that.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn