[SOLVED] Facebook user failed to initiate.

13 years 2 months ago #154739 by WNangauta
Replied by WNangauta on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate.
For a new install: clear all your internet settings. Do not login intially to facebook. log on normally through the cb login as a site user first. next, logout. Now connect as a facebook user. I did this and no probs anymore.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154935 by rizwanahmaduk
Replied by rizwanahmaduk on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate.
Hi, I recently the FB connect plugin 1.2 and installed it, I currently run cb 1.3.1 too, erm, it gave me exactly the same error as mentioned above....I have set up the FB application as per installations given too...Any help would be gladly received....

thanks

Rizwan

13 years 2 months ago #155029 by rizwanahmaduk
Replied by rizwanahmaduk on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate.
hi again, i have now upgraded to cb 1.4 tried logging in using the FB plugin, i input my fb username password, click on login, but nothing happens? please help
my url is www.islamic-research.org you can see for yourself!!!

please any help would be appreciated

13 years 2 months ago #155031 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate.
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting. Once done attempt to login again. Please also review your browser error console (recommended Firebug for Firefox) for any fatal JS errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #155732 by jag72
Replied by jag72 on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate.
Hi, I Have the same issue.. :woohoo:

I think the issue maybe that in an effort to prevent spammers, facebook are not allowing new accounts or accounts with few friends to use fb connect to sign in.. i think this needs some investigating because the account i am using to test facebook login is not my true fb account.

THAT SEEMS TO BE THE ISSUE.

Just changed my admin email address as it was the same as my facebook account and i managed to sign in using Facebook Connect..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 3.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn