CB does not work on PHP 7

6 years 11 months ago #294146 by statstaff
CB does not work on PHP 7 was created by statstaff
Hello. I just upgrade Joomla to last version and it recommend me use PHP 7 ( currently on 5.6). After I changed to php 7, I cannot go to CB (blank page), other extensions working fine. I contacted with hosting, they said I need to contact with developer or i need use different php for Community. I put back to PHP 5.6 and it is working OK. What is the problem, how can I fix it? I do not want to use different PHP for my different extensions. Thank you in advance. CB I put in main menu in my website.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294151 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB does not work on PHP 7
I rewrote CB Privacy entirely while using PHP 7 for past 3 weeks. Testing multiple usecases. I would say it works pretty well on PHP7. I'm sure there's some cases where it does not since we have yet to update Guzzle and Imagine libraries for compatibility, but I've yet to find them. Use PHP 7 at ones own risk. It honestly is not stable enough for most extensions or live sites.

See our FAQ below regarding blank pages.

www.joomlapolis.com/faq/18227-blank-page-issue

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294651 by vandenindenove
Replied by vandenindenove on topic CB does not work on PHP 7
I've got the same problem at the moment. When the php is higher then 5.6 the backend of CB and CBSubs gives a http 500 error, all other extensions seem to work just fine. As the PHP 7.1 is stable now i'm really wondering what is wrong and i would really like to get back to PHP7.1. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

6 years 10 months ago #294675 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB does not work on PHP 7
I've been using PHP 7.0.19 for 6 weeks now with zero issues. I have not tested PHP 7.1, but if PHP 7.0.19 to 7.1 causes breaking changes they're serious backwards compatibility problems PHP introduced that we'll have to review carefully (we can not break previous PHP versions all the way back to 5.4 for the sake of 7.1).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn