Problem with CB Forgot Login

6 years 5 months ago #299453 by indira17
Problem with CB Forgot Login was created by indira17
Good morning,
I have a problem recovering forgotten passwords or usernames, I select the option that I want to recover (user or password / both), when sending the page load but no message of confirmation of sending the request, no error, and I do not receive the mail. Hope someone can help me :(

Thanks advance

Best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299581 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with CB Forgot Login
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry to see if any errors output. Please note you can not use forgot login for super users as that's a security feature. Be sure to be testing with a regular registered user. They should receive an email with a new password to login after successfully resetting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299604 by indira17
Replied by indira17 on topic Problem with CB Forgot Login
Hi,
Thank you very much for your answer, I followed your instructions and I activated the debug mode (maximum), but there is no error regarding the community builder component or its functionalities, I have also tested several times with different users who are not super users, do not receive the mail either. Joomla smtp test emails I receive them without any problem ... Is there any other option to solve this problem? :( :(

Thank´s advance!
Regards

6 years 4 months ago #299610 by krileon
Joomla does not fail if SMTP fails; it simply falls back to phpmailer. Please change Joomla to phpmailer and see if CB can send emails. If it can your SMTP settings are likely incorrect is my best guess.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299611 by indira17
Replied by indira17 on topic Problem with CB Forgot Login
Hi, thank´s
I´m using the configuration SMTP because with PHP Mail i got an error "Could not instantiate mail function." With SMTP I receive the mails of the system.

Regards :)

6 years 4 months ago #299616 by krileon
Then it's probably an SMTP certificate issue, which Joomla ignores. You should have an error message though if both debug mode and maximum error reporting are configured. The mailer has to be failing in some way, which would throw an error. If it's not throwing an error it's either never reaching the process of sending an email to begin with or your mail server is never sending the outbound emails. Check within CB > Configuration > Registration that the From Address is either blank (causes it to use Joomla configured from address) or valid for your domain.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn