Emails not sending

3 months 2 weeks ago #336611 by jwarcher
Emails not sending was created by jwarcher
Hi all, thanks for helping get me updated. Now on Joomla 3.10.12, CB 2.9.1, and PHP 7.4. Host is DreamHost. 

Emails stopped being sent a couple months ago, as far as I can tell. Just found out about this when a user tried to recover password.

Under CB > User Management, I tried using the Mass Mailer to myself. Says it sends successfully, but I didn't get the email. Can you please point me to some troubleshooting? Thnks!  

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336625 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Emails not sending
CB doesn't handle sending emails anymore as we now use Joomla's API for that. Have you made sure Joomla can even send emails? Ensure your Joomla mailer configuration is correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #336627 by jwarcher
Replied by jwarcher on topic Emails not sending
Okay, I was able to get mail working using PHP Mail and tested successfully from the Joomla control panel. 

However, testing the Mass Mailer in CB didn't work. 

3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #336628 by krileon
If the email is reporting success, but not sending then it's not the API failing. Usually when that happens your mail server is failing to deliver the email. Often due to some sort of anti-spam policy. Try contacting your host to see if they can check the outbound mail logs. Aside from that there's nothing more I can suggest.

Try using Joomla's mass mailer and see if that sends anything. CB is using Joomla API so there isn't any reason CB couldn't send emails if Joomla can. Also be sure you didn't turn CBs emails off in CB > Configuration > Integrations via "Send Emails" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336629 by jwarcher
Replied by jwarcher on topic Emails not sending
Thanks for the continued help and patience! 

I was able to successfully send/receive a mass mail from the Joomla mass mail page. 

I also confirmed Send Emails is "Yes" in the CB configuration. 

3 months 2 weeks ago #336630 by krileon
Unfortunately I don't have anything further to suggest. If it's not throwing any errors then the email is being sent to the mail server, but probably being failed to deliver for whatever reason. Suggest also checking your spam folder as it's possible it's being sent, but being marked as spam. Typically the only reason for emails to just suddenly stop sending is something changed on the server or on the recipient.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn