Problem with email confirmation and reminders

13 years 3 months ago #150392 by radiojukebox
Problem with email confirmation and reminders was created by radiojukebox
Hi, I installed the CB and everything worked properly, but just before launch the new site, I found that when a new user registers does not receive the confirmation email. Also, when a user tries to follow the password reminder process, the process fails and the message does not sent... However, there is not a general problem with the emails. A registered user can send EMAIL to another registered user through the CB, normally. Also I can send a mass email to all the users...
I use PHPMailer .

Post edited by: radiojukebox, at: 2011/01/08 23:33

After too many tests, I found that the problem is the Pending Approval Subject in the registration tab. When it is in english it's ok, but whet it is in greek there is a problem... It works only if I have there only 1 word!!!
The same is happening with the reminder. if the subject of the message is bigger than 1 word, the process fails.
Any idea?

Post edited by: radiojukebox, at: 2011/01/09 01:59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150455 by krileon
You should translate the emails using language strings and not directly adding the translated strings to the parameter as this can cause problems due to utf-8/iso usage. More on language string usage can be found within the documentation available to documentation subscribers. I can't comment further without knowing exactly how you structured your emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150528 by radiojukebox
Replied by radiojukebox on topic Re: Problem with email confirmation and reminders
Thanks for your answer krileon!
I use language strings, as you suggest, and I didn't make any changes to the structure of the automatic emails.

13 years 3 months ago #150532 by krileon

I use language strings, as you suggest, and I didn't make any changes to the structure of the automatic emails.

Language strings can provide a lot of functionality elsewhere as well such as field values too, by your reply am assuming is now working as you'd like?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150576 by radiojukebox
Replied by radiojukebox on topic Re: Problem with email confirmation and reminders
Unfortunately not. With one word in the title it works, with two it doesn't. It is crazy!

13 years 3 months ago #150617 by krileon

radiojukebox wrote: Unfortunately not. With one word in the title it works, with two it doesn't. It is crazy!

Are you placing 2 words in the Subject parameter or 2 words in the subject language string? If in the Subject parameter you can't do this when using a language string as the entire Subject should be in that language string. How are you separating the words? If I may ask please provide the subject you're attempting to use.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn