CB lists and profiles in multilingual site

6 years 9 months ago #295686 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB lists and profiles in multilingual site

I thought there was a way without duplicating menu items.

There is if you don't care about translating the menu alias (the part shown in the address bar of your browser). The menu title and module title should be translatable using Joomla language overrides and custom language keys. If the overrides don't work for translating those then yes you'll have to create duplicates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295714 by mk3

There is if you don't care about translating the menu alias (the part shown in the address bar of your browser).

You forgot to mention the multilanguage hreflang and alternate tags, which are also very important for SEO (if I'm not mistaken here...)

Now I understand more how to make the translations, I also read all the tutorials about that + watch the videos, but one thing I cannot translate: the CB Login module title.
As you recommended, I left only one module CB Login for all languages but next I've tried to enter in CB's language plugins overrides tab this:
CB_LOGIN => Connexion
(for french)
and also this:
CB Login => Connexion
(as a parameter translation override)

None of them makes the translation.
What am I doing wrong?

6 years 9 months ago #295719 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB lists and profiles in multilingual site
CB is not responsible for parsing and displaying the module title. Joomla handles that. So you have to use Joomla language overrides to translate the module title if Joomla even allows that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn