copy-record/fields

6 years 6 months ago #297925 by webaholic
copy-record/fields was created by webaholic
hi,

Need your help or advise for a special stuff with CB,

i have a multiselect/checkbox field ( with 10 choices) , ..and i need to record or copy the last choice (checkbox) done (record).. so i can published this value on the fronted. the question is about to copy in another field, each time, the last checkbox choice record ?

* on DB, the multi chekbox field lookt like a string like : xxxx, ffff, ddd, ttt..
need to copy the last string before ', ' (ttt)

thank you for ur help,

joomholic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic copy-record/fields
Why do you need to copy the last choice? Does it need to actually be stored in the database? If not I suppose you could grab it using CB Query Field or CB Code Field using either SQL or PHP to parse out the last value. If it needs to be stored you'd also need CB Auto Actions. Aside from that there's no functionality for returning just the last value of a multiselect type field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297970 by webaholic
Replied by webaholic on topic copy-record/fields
Hi Krileon & thx for ur reply, i was desperate :(

the point is that i need to store 5 or 6 last choices for export/report ( i will bought the extention for exporting cb tables).

so i did create a multiselect fields ( instead of chekboxes) ,of course i can export the multiselect values coz they are stored in the DB ..but the pb is that i need to display the last value on the fronted :(

my question is about the plugins you mention and which one do i need ( for the function i mentionned ) and is it free ? ..if not , h o w m u c h :S :sick:

6 years 6 months ago #297978 by nant
Replied by nant on topic copy-record/fields

webaholic wrote: Hi Krileon & thx for ur reply, i was desperate :(

the point is that i need to store 5 or 6 last choices for export/report ( i will bought the extention for exporting cb tables).

so i did create a multiselect fields ( instead of chekboxes) ,of course i can export the multiselect values coz they are stored in the DB ..but the pb is that i need to display the last value on the fronted :(

my question is about the plugins you mention and which one do i need ( for the function i mentionned ) and is it free ? ..if not , h o w m u c h :S :sick:

Kyle mentioned:

CB Query Field:
www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-query-field

and CB Code Field:
www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-code-field

you can purchase them separately or get them both (and more) as a Professional subscriber:
www.joomlapolis.com/memberships/professional

6 years 6 months ago #297981 by webaholic
Replied by webaholic on topic copy-record/fields
thank you Nant !

I check the two addons that you advise me and it seems to me a little complex, what do you think of "CB Auto Actions", can this replace de 2 ?

:)

6 years 6 months ago #297991 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic copy-record/fields
You need to parse existing code or database values and output the result of that parsing. In other words all of the plugins suggested won't do anything beyond execute the code you tell them to execute. You still need to know how to extract the last value of the multi-checkbox field, which is stored as VALUE1|*|VALUE2|*|VALUE3 in the database, and code it to do that. What you're trying to do however doesn't make a lot of sense and you may want to consider just redoing your fields configuration to better accommodate your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds