Importing mass users without notifications

5 months 3 weeks ago #335843 by huguesmarcil
Importing mass users without notifications was created by huguesmarcil
Hello Kyle,
I've been following these tutorials to export
www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/278-community-builder/operations-guide/18836-exporting-users
and import
www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/278-community-builder/operations-guide/18837-importing-users
all my confirmed users.
Unfortunately, importation was a failure for two reasons:
1/ The CSV file was too large and only ~1000 users out of ~5000 were imported. How can I import this volume in one go without failure?
2/ Each imported user received an e-mail notification despite the option checked not to do so. How can I be 100% sure that they won't receive any notification?
Thank you for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #335855 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Importing mass users without notifications

1/ The CSV file was too large and only ~1000 users out of ~5000 were imported. How can I import this volume in one go without failure?

That's only limited by your server resources. Suggest cutting the table up into multiple CSV and importing 1 batch at a time. In a future release we'll implement automatic batching functionality to avoid this.

2/ Each imported user received an e-mail notification despite the option checked not to do so. How can I be 100% sure that they won't receive any notification?

We can only suppress CBs registration emails. Are you sure they're receiving CBs registration email and not an email from something else?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 2 weeks ago #335856 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Importing mass users without notifications
Here is the e-mail I received on every of my accounts:

Hello Guillermo,

You have been added as a User to testPartage3D by an Administrator.

This email has your username and password to log in to test.partage3d.fr/

Username: Guillermo

Password:

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

5 months 2 weeks ago #335858 by krileon
That's Joomla's email. You can disable that in Joomla's user plugin in System > Extensions > Plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 2 weeks ago #335864 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Importing mass users without notifications
Hello Kyle thank you,
I went to
System > Manage > Plugins > Searched for "User - Joomla!" > unchecked "Notification Mail to User"
And  as you said it stopped sending e-mails to imported users.

What would be your advice on how to import the 5000 users cleanly?

5 months 2 weeks ago #335870 by krileon

What would be your advice on how to import the 5000 users cleanly?

Split the CSV into multiple CSV files that your server can handle then import each file 1 by 1.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn