Importing mass users without notifications

5 months 5 days ago #336073 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Importing mass users without notifications
Try setting the import to "Overwrite existing entries with records matching ids". It will attempt to load existing rows with matching ids first and update them otherwise will create new entries. That might allow preserving the ids, but again this was never meant to be some sort of backup feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 5 days ago #336074 by krileon
Have added 2 feature tickets to improve the user import process.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9289
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9290

Will take a quick look as might be able to have both implement today if they're simple enough additions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 5 days ago #336075 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Importing mass users without notifications

Will take a quick look as might be able to have both implement today if they're simple enough additions.
You'd be my hero!

5 months 5 days ago #336078 by krileon
It does not appear possible to create Joomla users with specific user ids through API. Joomla simply doesn't allow for this use case resulting in the Joomla user failing to be created. Passwords will be possible though by allowing support for an "existing_password" column that bypasses encryption. So you won't be able to keep the user ids, but you'll be able to safely import already encrypted passwords.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 months 5 days ago #336080 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Importing mass users without notifications
Not keeping the IDs is a problem in my case, as I use them to associate a user with an advert I'm also importing, with the same ID number.

5 months 5 days ago #336081 by krileon
There's unfortunately nothing I can do about that. Your only option is to directly import users through your database. Joomla user creation process simply will not allow the preservation of a specific id for new user creation. It's possible for CB itself to support this, but the user won't exist in Joomla and thus no real point in implementing. We'd have to completely bypass Joomla API and implement our own means of creating a Joomla user and that's a lot of CMS specific code we really don't want to have to maintain, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn