Tabs Changed Upon Setting System - Language Filter Publish

3 years 5 months ago #321501 by krileon

CB Ukrainian override did work at all. The only thing I see different, is that the CB plug-in is named "uk_UA" and the Joomla is named "uk-UA". Not sure is this has something to do or not.

That would likely be the cause of the issue. The mixed tags will prevent CBs from loading. We're already aware of this issue though and need to work on rebuilding plugins using _ instead of -. Have let Nick know that plugin still has this issue. If you see any other language plugins doing this please let me know.

I am plowing thru the CB Language Overrides and what I found is the for my custom fields help balloons, I cannot use the English text as a key since it does not work.How can I create keys for my custom fields and associate them with the elements from the field so I can use them in the CB Language Override. Would appreciate If you can direct me to a reading material, I should be able to follow it and get it done.

I don't know what you mean by custom field help balloons. Can you be more specific? Do you mean the Description parameter for Custom HTML fields?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321516 by krileon
Checked and that language plugin was using an out of date path in our package builder setup. It's now fixed, but you will likely need to copy over your overrides since the file path changed to correctly match the language tag. Note this may result in 2 same language plugins installed. You'd have one with a folder of uk-UA and uk_UA. The old one is uk_UA and once you've moved your overrides over can uninstall uk_UA.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321522 by eciudad
"I don't know what you mean by custom field help balloons. Can you be more specific? Do you mean the Description parameter for Custom HTML fields? "Yes.The screen capture is from the registration page. The CB language is Hebrew and the field is custom field. I used the Language Override to translate the field name and it works fine, but i do not know how to use the CB language override to translate the field description which shows on the balloons.

Attachments:

3 years 5 months ago #321528 by krileon
Use a language key for your description then translate the language key. Example as follows.

Description: FIELD_1_DESCRIPTION

Key: FIELD_1_DESCRIPTION
Text:
My field description here.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 4 months ago #321556 by eciudad

krileon wrote: Use a language key for your description then translate the language key. Example as follows.

Description: FIELD_1_DESCRIPTION

Key: FIELD_1_DESCRIPTION
Text:

My field description here.

Thank you Kyle.

I completed the language keys on my customs fields, for the following languages:
English, Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese,Chinese Taiwan, Hindi, German, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, Swahili, Ukrainian and Hebrew.

The aforementioned appear to work fine, except, when the language is not part of CB plug-ins. I am not certain if the Default English uses the override. I created an override for the CB Default English but if the language is not part of the CB plug-ins it does show the Default English translation of my custom fields, displaying the language keys for the customs fields instead of English translated conversion. I could assume that I have placed the override for the Default English language in the wrong location or the Default English language does not support override.

It was very extensive work to get all the language keys for the aforementioned languages and when all of them were done, the update from 2.46 to 2.47 wiped the override settings on most the the languages, except for two or three. I recreated the overrides and they seems to be fine.

3 years 4 months ago #321558 by krileon

The aforementioned appear to work fine, except, when the language is not part of CB plug-ins. I am not certain if the Default English uses the override. I created an override for the CB Default English but if the language is not part of the CB plug-ins it does show the Default English translation of my custom fields, displaying the language keys for the customs fields instead of English translated conversion. I could assume that I have placed the override for the Default English language in the wrong location or the Default English language does not support override.

The "Default Language", which is English, plugin will always be the fallback if a language key or string does not exist in the currently loaded language. So if you're viewing the site in Spanish for example and a field is not translated to Spanish it will fallback to "Default Language". Overrides should work perfectly fine with the "Default Language" plugin; I do not recommend installing the English language plugins as the default is already English as it could confuse the fallback behavior.

the update from 2.46 to 2.47 wiped the override settings on most the the languages

Updating CB should not cause any overrides to be lost. We did have issues with some plugins using the wrong language tag though. Overrides are always stored on disk so they are an actual file that can be backed up and we've no code in place to delete that file. You can find it below for every language plugin (including default).

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/LANGUAGE/override.php

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: eciudad

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn