Tabs Changed Upon Setting System - Language Filter Publish

3 years 5 months ago #321438 by eciudad
Thank you Kyle.

"The only reason for their translations to be missing is CB Quickstart plugin is missing or not loaded for whatever reason."

CB Quickstart appears to be OK.

Do the language overrides apply to the custom fields I have created? They are not been translated, like.. field names and balloons help pop-up from those custom fields. Where can I enter the translation for each CB language for the customs fields I have created?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321446 by krileon
I don't know what more to suggest. Something is breaking the translation of CB Quickstart language strings. Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look.

Do the language overrides apply to the custom fields I have created?

Language overrides apply to field Title and Description. For Select fields it applies to the Label as well. Stored user values do not translate (e.g. a text field value is not ran through translation API).

They are not been translated, like.. field names and balloons help pop-up from those custom fields. Where can I enter the translation for each CB language for the customs fields I have created?

Those are translated using language overrides. Everything except core language strings is translated through language overrides.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321454 by eciudad
Thank you Kyle.

I just PM the info.

Before I invest a great amount of time with it I need to understand the language override. May be it is simple for the creators, I just need more information to apply it and the link does not give me a clear application for what I am doing. Just want to make sure.

3 years 5 months ago #321463 by krileon
Those strings are all translating fine to the default strings. I've tested every language you have available in your language switcher at the top of the page. If you need those strings translated in other languages you will have to do that yourself using language overrides or contribute to the language projects on Transifex to have them translated. I'm not seeing any issues with raw language keys outputting like in your original post. If you're still having such an issue you'll need to provide steps to reproduce the problem.

Before I invest a great amount of time with it I need to understand the language override. May be it is simple for the creators, I just need more information to apply it and the link does not give me a clear application for what I am doing. Just want to make sure.

Edit a language plugin in CB > Plugin Management then click the Overrides tab. A language finder is provided for searching for language keys. Example override as follows.

Key: PROFILE_ACTIVITY_FILTER_GROUPS
Text: Groups

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321466 by eciudad
Thank you Kyle.
I started to work on the overrides last night and thru the night on 15 different languages and 30 fields for each CB language plug in. Will advise when I am done.

3 years 5 months ago #321492 by eciudad
Kyle,

Most of the overrides that I have placed for my custom fields worked, except for the following:

CB Ukrainian override did work at all. The only thing I see different, is that the CB plug-in is named "uk_UA" and the Joomla is named "uk-UA". Not sure is this has something to do or not.

I am plowing thru the CB Language Overrides and what I found is the for my custom fields help balloons, I cannot use the English text as a key since it does not work.How can I create keys for my custom fields and associate them with the elements from the field so I can use them in the CB Language Override. Would appreciate If you can direct me to a reading material, I should be able to follow it and get it done.

Thank you in advance.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn