Tabs Changed Upon Setting System - Language Filter Publish

3 years 5 months ago #321245 by krileon

Again, when I switched from "Browser Settings" to "Site Language" at the "System - Language Filter" and log back in the issue disappear.

My guess is Joomla is detecting the language from the browser, but that language doesn't exist in Joomla or is a mismatch and causes the language loading to fail. Suggest leaving it as "Site Language" then using the "Language Switcher" module to let users switch languages.

Have you tried enabling language debugging in Joomla global configuration under System tab and within CB > Configuration > Integrations to see exactly what language is trying to load with "Browser Settings"?

I am doing more testing. The Front End Language selector does not appear anymore. Can the CB Google Translate and the System - Language Filter be published at the same time?

Yes, CB Google Translate has nothing to do with Joomla language selection. All it does is run Google Translate on your site. It does not load a Joomla language.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321249 by eciudad
"My guess is Joomla is detecting the language from the browser, but that language doesn't exist in Joomla or is a mismatch and causes the language loading to fail. Suggest leaving it as "Site Language" then using the "Language Switcher" module to let users switch languages."

Will do that. This installation is over 5 years-old and just went live last week, because of the concept. I am going thru the motions.

"Have you tried enabling language debugging in Joomla global configuration under System tab and within CB > Configuration > Integrations to see exactly what language is trying to load with "Browser Settings"?"

I will try to enable, but what I think was loading from the browser settings was the English US. It will take me some time to debug this, as I am learning on the issues and looking for the sources. Will advise.

3 years 5 months ago #321253 by krileon
Have done some testing locally with Language Filter and not seeing this issue. So not really sure how to trigger it. Do you have the old English language plugin for CB still installed in CB > Plugin Management? If so please uninstall it as it's not needed anymore since Default is English and that could be what's causing the weird loading issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321280 by eciudad
Hi Kyle,"Do you have the old English language plugin for CB still installed in CB > Plugin Management? "No, it is not there.During a full review this is what I found with the English(UK). It is not set to Public for what ever reason. I will change that and continue testing. I Remember having this issue with this multilingual process and place a ticket but I was never able to solve it. in my case it is not a noble issue for me, I am just not certain as to why? Will continue testing.Thank you

Attachments:

3 years 5 months ago #321281 by eciudad
Kyle,When I opened it says published and public. Weird?

Attachments:

3 years 5 months ago #321282 by krileon
That's Joomlas language plugin and not CBs. What language CB loads is entirely based off what language Joomla has loaded. If Joomla has en-GB loaded then that's what CB will attempt to load (which is the Default Language included with CB). I've no idea what's causing your language loading issue and can't seam to reproduce the problem locally so I don't know what to suggest.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn