Error

Please login first

Installation Issues w/ 1.6

13 years 2 months ago #157053 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Installation Issues w/ 1.6
Please PM me backend superadmin access and I will take a look.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #157058 by nant
Got PM - thanks...

From your Joomla backend:

Site -> System info -> PHP Information:

upload_max_filesize 2M 2M

Please read the installation readme again as this issue has been documented before and also discussed on forum.

Your settings do not allow you to upload the CB component which is larger than 2M.

You need to get your host to increase this to 4M.

13 years 2 months ago #157059 by bsolberg
Replied by bsolberg on topic Re: Installation Issues w/ 1.6
So even though I have put a php.ini file in the root directory and from that directory when I run the phpinfo script it says upload_max_filesize is 16M, it truely has not changed a thing.
This is my first experience hosting with greengeeks.com and their support assured me that it was in fact the 16M. 30 cancellation policy may have to be utilized.
Thank you for your time and expertize.

BS

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." - John Lubbock

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #157060 by nant

bsolberg wrote: So even though I have put a php.ini file in the root directory and from that directory when I run the phpinfo script it says upload_max_filesize is 16M, it truely has not changed a thing.
This is my first experience hosting with greengeeks.com and their support assured me that it was in fact the 16M. 30 cancellation policy may have to be utilized.
Thank you for your time and expertize.

You should always use the Joomla info method to see what upload size is in fact set for Joomla usage.

THANK YOU for supporting our work as an Advanced member.

13 years 2 months ago #157073 by stilton
Replied by stilton on topic Re: Installation Issues w/ 1.6
I thought I could change the file size on my php.ini file as well but discovered the changes didn't take place on the server side. I looked at my cpanel config settings and noticed they were set at 2M - still couldn't change it but when I logged into the VPS server I was able to change the setting to 6M and that did the trick.

Thanks for your assistance...PHP is new to me so it's going to be a learning experience as I go!

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #157189 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Installation Issues w/ 1.6
Anytime you make a change with PHP.ini you must place it in two locations. Please ensure you have placed a duplicate copy in both locations as follows.

Joomla Root
Joomla Root/Administrator

If it is not in both of the above locations you'll only make changes to frontend or backend instead of both. Once done please test that your changes are working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn